OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys.

Alright i got a big problem.

I followed a tut to install homebrew on my Wii and it worked great, I had access to Virtual console games and etc...
Then i decided to copy one of my games to a dvd to try it out with Softchip loader r100 or something.
But it didn't work, so i installed some other cios or wtv they are called. (cIOS36_rev09-Installer with IOS36 wad).

To my utter disappointment i realized that not only did it not fix my issue but it also gave me a new problem or two. I am now unable to boot from the sd card to un/install homebrew channel or anything else for that matter.
frown.gif

Can anybody help me please. thanks.

Ciao~

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sounds like he's trying to use v1 of bannerbomb on a 4.2 wii

if that's the case, grab v2 of bannerbomb, v1 doesn't work on 4.2 wii's

edit: i hate helping noobs, who post their question, and never say anything again after their initial post... makes me wonder why i even bother

georgi2hotty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i'm running on 4.2 you guessed correctly, but I'm using the bannerbomb v2. I'm using the tut from this guy.

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183173]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183173[/url]

I did everything correctly, i had hbc and a bunch of downloaded apps and games which i installed as channels ( snes games )

But i was unable to run a burn game which i'm guessing was burnt correctly.

so i was playing around and i installed that cIOS36_rev09-Installer with IOS36 wad and then everything fucked up and stopped working.

I was unable to load hbc anymore it would crash. to i thought, Hey, why not reformat the Wii and start from scratch. But that didin't work and now some games of mine don't work no more.

so I'm freaking out,

Posts merged

xflak40 said:
sounds like he's trying to use v1 of bannerbomb on a 4.2 wii

if that's the case, grab v2 of bannerbomb, v1 doesn't work on 4.2 wii's

edit: i hate helping noobs, who post their question, and never say anything again after their initial post... makes me wonder why i even bother

Dude, I don't know what you do in life but i work AND go to school so i'm not on my laptop 24/7 waiting for a reply. I appreciate you wanting to help me thought but i'll reply when i have time.

Cheers, thx

Ciao~

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you cannot boot bannerbomb via the Wii Options > Data Management > Channels > SD menu, try clicking the SD card icon on the main page as this should work instead.

BTW chances are that the disc you were running was a bad one.

Hope that you also have BootMii installed as Boot2

Oh and follow this guide instead it is fairly bullet proof. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

georgi2hotty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MadBob said:
If you cannot boot bannerbomb via the Wii Options > Data Management > Channels > SD menu, try clicking the SD card icon on the main page as this should work instead.

BTW chances are that the disc you were running was a bad one.

Hope that you also have BootMii installed as Boot2

Oh and follow this guide instead it is fairly bullet proof. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I forgot to mention that i also tried real games that i bought and some don't work including brawl..
i'll try that other tut and let you know what happens.

thanks

Ciao~

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah the problem was probably the installed nonpatched IOS36. I had the same prob on my sneek nand a couple of weeks ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1