Wii Points region

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bitbyte, Dec 9, 2007.

Dec 9, 2007

Wii Points region by Bitbyte at 12:54 PM (842 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    I know that the Wii points are regionlocked, but I was wondering what it checks for. I got a NTSC Nintendo Wii and the PAL Wii Point cards I can buy over here are obviously meant to be used on a PAL Wii, but I'm worrying that it'll detect my European IP and block me from using the Wii points (a bit paranoid, I know).

So, I was wondering if anyone with an imported Wii has any experience on this matter? My best bet is that I will need to get the USA Wii Point codes.

2. laurenz

Member laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Can't you just buy your Wii Points from inside the Wii Shopping Channel? Because it's possible (atleast, for PAL consoles) to enter credit card details and recieve a code. I think if you do that, you automaticly get a code for your console's region.
    I'm 100% sure though, just a thought.

3. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    I have a US Wii, buy US points and live in the UK, it works fine.
    It is only region locked to the store and the store is region locked to the console.

Its not like on the 360 where the store is locked to your profile region and you could have signed your profile up to be from any country.

4. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Alright, nice. I'll just pay a friend of mine to get one [​IMG]