Extracted from .elf:
QUOTE said:
Patch IOS Installer v1.0
developed by Blaze Team
and later...
QUOTE/home/waninkoko/Wii/src/wad-uninstaller/source

laugh.gif

this only means they used Waninkoko tools

the patched IOS is in a WAD, IOS installer and uninstaller are obviously derivated versions of his WAD installer/uninstaller, there isn't many ways to install titles on the Wii

someone need to disassemblly the IOS binary inside the wad and look for modifications that was made...

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
well, ive downloaded it as well, always keep a copy of all files and releases for my own library,

but, following the instructions, isnt this just going to install IOS 30 or whatever they want to call it, then restart the Wii, put copied game in, and load it straight from the menu (not the HBC).

Im not bothered about this really as again, ive already chipped mine, but just more curious. Obviously its going to use Waninkoko's installer and uninstaller. Why reinvent the wheel, but sure, they should have gave credit where it was due.

But, if i was to follow their instructions, id expect it the backup to be run right from the menu.

On the other hand, it could all be a big lot of shite and im looking silly even writing here. Oh Well.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
ok, here's what I found: installer and uninstaller are REVERSED !!!

if you hexedit the installer, you get strings that show it is in fact the WAD uninstaller from waninkoko
if you hexedit the uninstaller this time, you got similar strings but with "wad-installer" mentionned

I don't know if it is possible to uninstall the currenly installed (official one) IOS30 (i don't think it's possible without patching it first) but if you run the installer thinking you are installing something whereas you are DESINSTALLING a critical IOS, you are screwed

if it is an error from the ones who released this, fine, but if this was done intentionnaly, this is a very bad joke

anyway, if someone is brave enough to test it, he should run Patch.IOS.uninstaller.elf first... I don't think it's a good idea to ever remove it later, IOS30 is an important IOS since it's the one needed by the System Menu, if it's not there anymore, you got a (semi ?) brick

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
i found that also, installer is reveresed

i installed the wad to my wii, everything patched fine and rebooted to wii menu

currently dumping mario to SD to burn and test

bander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i used the wad installer from waninkoko and the blaze ios installer, they're the same. both cannot install the last file and the ticket.

bander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is what i get:

adding content #10 ... error! (re = -1022)
removing tickets... error! (view = 0, ret = -1017)

anyone knows what it means?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Helsionium said:
This is not true. Installer and Uninstaller are what they are supposed to be (have checked that right now).
I suggest not to run the uninstaller, it might uninstall IOS30 and fully brick your Wii.

what have you tested ?

I have the two files hexedited under my eyes... they ARE reversed

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilsey said:
i found that also, installer is reveresed

i installed the wad to my wii, everything patched fine and rebooted to wii menu

currently dumping mario to SD to burn and test

PLEASE get back to us and tell us if it works and what you did exactally

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Helsionium said:
Interesting, because I have done the same thing. Have you downloaded from the first or from the second link?

from the last one, maybe someone did a bad joke

anyway, I don't think it is possible to uninstall the original IOS30 with the Wad uninstaller... I think I've read somewhere that IOS need to be patched first to be able to delete them like any other titles ... but I don't think it would be a good idea to install this patched IOS30 and THEN unsinstall it , a Wii without IOS30 is a dead Wii

canon560

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe it's delete the official IOS and install the new one, and the uninstaller delete the custom IOS and reinstall the official one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.