radionds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys.
I bought my wii 1 year ago more or less, I don't use the wii standby connection either the wii24connection, I bought the usb fan cooler to put on the back of my wii.
But I keep seeing those flicker pixels that comes in some part of the games (Mario Strikers Charged is what anoying me).
I know that one of the solutions is to send to Nintendo and they will repair my wii.But the problem is, I'm from Brazil, and is really really far from Nintendo and my wii is modded and if I remove the modchip they'll still know that this wii was modded.
Please, can somebody help me?It is buging me a lot.

Thanks so much.

radionds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DrYHeLL said:
sorry but I think your only option is to send it to them and hope for a merciful worker.

Good luck!
Oh, okay.
I'll send them a e-mail to see how can I proceed to change that fuck*** GPU.
Thanks a million.

radionds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was searching a bit and I found that some people put some thermal paste on GPU (like Artic Silver 5), does somebody know if it will solve the problem?

melao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
radionds said:
I was searching a bit and I found that some people put some thermal paste on GPU (like Artic Silver 5), does somebody know if it will solve the problem?

Does this only occur when you use composite cable ? Does the problem is the same as the one described below ?

http://boards.thewiire.com/index.php?showtopic=18093

Well, if so, I will tell you that you have a Wii with a manufacturing problem.
The heat sink was not properly installed, then the GPU overheats.

I had the same problem, and I had to send the Wii to Nintendo for them to fix it.
Luckily mine was still under warranty (2 years here).

Oh, also according to the letter I received after the repair, they had to replace the whole motherboard.

Sorry about the bad news.

radionds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
melao said:
radionds said:

Does this only occur when you use composite cable ? Does the problem is the same as the one described below ?

http://boards.thewiire.com/index.php?showtopic=18093

Well, if so, I will tell you that you have a Wii with a manufacturing problem.
The heat sink was not properly installed, then the GPU overheats.

I had the same problem, and I had to send the Wii to Nintendo for them to fix it.
Luckily mine was still under warranty (2 years here).

Oh, also according to the letter I received after the repair, they had to replace the whole motherboard.

Sorry about the bad news.

Yeah man, that's my problem, even without composite cable it does that stupid dots.
I sent an e-mail to NOA, and they reply me.They said that they can't fix my wii, because I bought my Wii on New York and I live in Brazil, so I've to search for a technical assistence to fix that for me, I found one, but they're asking 450 Reais, more or less 200 dollar.They said that it's cheap because a Wii here costs 600 dollars.

melao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Yeah man, that's my problem, even without composite cable it does that stupid dots.
I sent an e-mail to NOA, and they reply me.They said that they can't fix my wii, because I bought my Wii on New York and I live in Brazil, so I've to search for a technical assistence to fix that for me, I found one, but they're asking 450 Reais, more or less 200 dollar.They said that it's cheap because a Wii here costs 600 dollars.

What pisses me off is that this is a known problem.
For example, my problem happened after 10 months. If I lived in the USA (warranty is 90 days), I would have to pay for this repair, even though this is a manufacturing problem.
Luckily I live in Europe and the warranty is 2 years.
Also I was asked by the European representatives of Nintendo, to turn off Connect24 because of overheating!!

By the way, eu também sou brasileiro, mas moro na Europa. Eu sei como é caro o Wii no Brasil.

Abraços!

radionds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
melao said:
QUOTE said:

What pisses me off is that this is a known problem.
For example, my problem happened after 10 months. If I lived in the USA (warranty is 90 days), I would have to pay for this repair, even though this is a manufacturing problem.
Luckily I live in Europe and the warranty is 2 years.
Also I was asked by the European representatives of Nintendo, to turn off Connect24 because of overheating!!

By the way, eu também sou brasileiro, mas moro na Europa. Eu sei como é caro o Wii no Brasil.

Abraços!
Nossa, um brasileiro por aqui! Muito raro.
Vou escrever em inglês pro pessoal entender também =D.
Well, That's the prob, here the prices to fix that is the same price to buy a new one on US or Europe, but I can't buy it from another contry.That's the problem.
I wish prices here were cheapper, cuz' I don't wanna bay 200 bucks for that stupid motherboard that Nintendo MUST change for free, as you said it's a manufacturing problem..

Thnks.
See you.

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, do you know anyone or are you planning to go back to The US soon?
Hell for that price for repair it may just be cheaper to wait until you have access to an American seller instead.

I had the same problem man. Its annoying.

Funny thing is after sending it to Nintendo and getting it back, the fan didn't work... what the hell they fix one thing and break another in the process.

So I'm going to go ahead and say , if you really wanted too, take a chance with this repair guy, (seems kind of fishy), or wait until you have access to another american reseller.

Good luck man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool