wii out 576p? how to set?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by naxil, Nov 19, 2019.

1. naxil
    OP

naxil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    hi. i have a wiihdmi adapter but i cant setup wiiflow or usbloadergx (my tv show always 480p).
    my tv support 50hz is old fullhd haier 32"

2. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

Do you have or can you test these cables ==>
    - cable Yuv component wii?
    - RCA cable wii?
    -Adapter RCA to HDMI?

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    United Kingdom
    There's no official option for setting the Wii to 576p. The hardware does support it, but there's no official software support.

Sadly, the official System Menu only supports interlaced or progressive NTSC 60hz signals in NTSC regions, or PAL50, PAL60, or PAL480p in PAL ones.

Hell, I don't even know of any Wii homebrew that supports 576p. The only way I know of to get it is through Swiss, and that's GameCube homebrew. (which sucks for PAL games in progressive, some PAL GCN games don't support 60hz at all, and speed up if hacked; hey developers, is it even possible to support 576p in Wii mode software?)

Last edited by N7Kopper, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Extrems

Extrems GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    This was the first sight of 576p through a SD capture device:
    [​IMG]

I don't think a GameCube can play 720p video. (a demo of MPlayer CE at the end of 2013, for good measure)

5. 1MiinMofo

1MiinMofo GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2019
    Canada
    You cannot play Wii games at 576p on original hardware. You can choose between 480p and 576i, with 480p looking better for most games, especially those at 60 fps.

And not all Gamecube under Swiss work in 576p mode either. It's an unsupported hack, and one that does not exist for Wii games using any loader.

6. naxil
    OP

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    only with swiss i can use 576p? because i have wii and sdgecko plus wiihdmi adapter

7. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Puerto Rico
    Devolution can force it too, though I've yet to see a loader add the last three settings (playlog, force 480p, force 576p), I've tried 480p forcing and noticed that if the game uses deflicker then it still remains enabled.

8. naxil
    OP

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    what loder? idk why fix94 stop the marvelous wiiflow development... the new fledge version dont have 576p setting... right?

9. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Puerto Rico
    Right, any loader that can launch devolution, USB Loader GX references up to the playlog setting but has no way to enable it, wiiflow is missing most of the settings, and cfg is only missing the last three + video scale and disc delay.

If I remember right enabling 576p on NTSC games will crash, It's a bit more work to hide the setting or automatically disable it on such games so that it can be user-friendly in external loaders.

10. naxil
    OP

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    so my only way is use sdgecko and swiss?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted