Gaming Wii "New Super Mario Bros 2: The Next Levels"???

Smogen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what you got but the iso I got ahold of is NTSC. If you have a PAL wii that would explain your problem. I'm not 100% sure how to get NTSC to run on PAL.

Skarnet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems there is no way through level 2-3, so I suggest people take the secret exit in world 1, in that way you can at least play form world 5 and onwards.

Kind Regards Skarnet

Mikk0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
hmm.. what about this:

my pal wii i think its currently 4.2e and chipped with wiikey 2

as far as i know i can burn this to a dvd but will it work properly since its ntsc and my wii is chipped? would hate to waste electricity on dling it and then waste a blank disk (even tho the cost of the both is practicly nothing)
biggrin.gif

btw: regular nsmb pal version works just fine

FlammieT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys shouldn't bother putting it on a disc, or even downloading it yet.
I played it with a friend, and ran into the level 2-3 bug. It's still doable with two players using yoshi, but it's obvisouly a bug (checked in reggie, a piece of the map isn't displayed).
But the whole thing ends at the World 2 castle, which is completely unplayable due to epic map bugs.
glare.gif

Seems like the whole game didn't get checked, so, right now, only the first few levels are playable.

I'm looking for a save past the world 2 castle (you can convert one from the regular NSMB), or for a patched version.
I might patch it myself or convert a save if I find the time and right tools to do it, but i'm sure casper is currently aware of the problem.
...Or is he ?
unsure.gif

EDIT : Patched Next levels iso, replaced the castle level and finished it.

Here is a savegame right after the world 2 castle (Beginning of world 3):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ESVC5TE

Red Shifter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you put in the bare minimum and just steal other people's work without regard for testing, problems like that tend to crop up.

Gabo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
Gabo said:
I can't get this to run.. I currently use wip files to get the original nsmbw to work in neogamma, but it doesn't seem to work for this game.. help?
the ISO may already be patched, not sure, so try removing/renaming the WIP and seeing if it works

if it doesn't work, copy the WIP for the new super mario bros game, then rename it according to Next Levels title ID

Works! Thanks!

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive enjoyed the game and Im glad he put it together, no one else would do it apparently.

I dont know how to add the levels myself and it might not be perfect, but its way better than 95 percent of all the third party games available AND THATS THE TRUTH.

He should of gave credit to the board makers BUT again you can freely get them from the site, people uploaded them knowing that other people were going to play them and if I would of made a board and it made it to the game, I would just be proud that my work is being used.

We need to support people working on projects like this, help them, not discourge it. You guys are starting to be an epic fail.

Thanks Casper

casper666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Shifter said:
When you put in the bare minimum and just steal other people's work without regard for testing, problems like that tend to crop up.

thank you for you level Red Shifter

i am not stealing nothing from nobody the levels are there for the people to download y played i just put the levels on the iso changed the intro and some of the text you think this is minimum ha do it for yourself

besides i gave the credits to your guys for the levels look here
and look for the credits

QUOTE(afnuke @ Jun 4 2010, 04:10 PM) Ive enjoyed the game and Im glad he put it together, no one else would do it apparently.

I dont know how to add the levels myself and it might not be perfect, but its way better than 95 percent of all the third party games available AND THATS THE TRUTH.

He should of gave credit to the board makers BUT again you can freely get them from the site, people uploaded them knowing that other people were going to play them and if I would of made a board and it made it to the game, I would just be proud that my work is being used.

We need to support people working on projects like this, help them, not discourge it. You guys are starting to be an epic fail.

Thanks Casper

hello afnuke
thank you for appreciated my work on the game i know the game is not perfect but

and just to let you know i gave the credits to the guys on the board look here and look for the credits

delvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FlammieT said:
You guys shouldn't bother putting it on a disc, or even downloading it yet.
I played it with a friend, and ran into the level 2-3 bug. It's still doable with two players using yoshi, but it's obvisouly a bug (checked in reggie, a piece of the map isn't displayed).
But the whole thing ends at the World 2 castle, which is completely unplayable due to epic map bugs.
glare.gif

Seems like the whole game didn't get checked, so, right now, only the first few levels are playable.

I'm looking for a save past the world 2 castle (you can convert one from the regular NSMB), or for a patched version.
I might patch it myself or convert a save if I find the time and right tools to do it, but i'm sure casper is currently aware of the problem.
...Or is he ?
unsure.gif

EDIT : Patched Next levels iso, replaced the castle level and finished it.

Here is a savegame right after the world 2 castle (Beginning of world 3):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ESVC5TE
i tryed this , but it don`t load up world 3......i use the usb-loader

delvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and i tryed the fix iso of nsmb but there when i started the game (world 1-1) with 2 players , the game freez...black screen

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played it, and when I return to the wii menu, I have the system files corrupted message..

only with this game

so I delete it.. I prefer the original

and it's not tested

Wiictorious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
casper666 said:
hello guys just to say i made that custom game stop saying pend......
there is NO lightyear work here OK

Hello casper666!!!
smile.gif

I have a question... :/
Do I have to play through the whole game in order to open all levels, or can i somehow use the original games save file?
smile.gif

like, in the original game I have unlocked all levels and got all star-coins, so can I somehow use that save file in this custom made game, instead of going through all levels one by one?

Thank you for your time..
smile.gif

casper666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delvis said:
and i tryed the fix iso of nsmb but there when i started the game (world 1-1) with 2 players , the game freez...black screen

i don`t have any problem with the game on multi player

maybe the game you have are corrupt
try to download again or use another loader

casper666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hello casper666!!!
smile.gif

I have a question... :/
Do I have to play through the whole game in order to open all levels, or can i somehow use the original games save file?
smile.gif

like, in the original game I have unlocked all levels and got all star-coins, so can I somehow use that save file in this custom made game, instead of going through all levels one by one?

Thank you for your time..
smile.gif

the game use the same save from the original game so you don`t needed to play the whole game again

doped505069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant believe the shit admin of this site would take down a thread of a name of a website not even a link and they would keep this on here something that clearly breaks copyright laws get you head right gronks.

kajimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Just want to say thanks to Casper for putting this together, it's great fun
smile.gif

I have a couple of questions about getting through the game. Someone asked about a guide, is there one available?

1. Is there a way to get further than world 5-1? After completing 5-1, I'm trapped on the world map by the pirahna plant, which is actually a battle with 3 monty moles. Defeating the moles does not release the treasure chest, so you cannot pass through and continue on world 5.

2. In world 3, is there a way to get to the red switch block? It seems to be required to pass world 4-1. In 4-1, you have to collect the 8 red coins scattered throughout the level. The last coin is blocked by red blocks and grey blocks - unless there is another way through the level??

3. Do all the levels have secret exits as per the original game? for example, is it possible to get to the cannon on world 2? Or to get 3 star coins in each level?

Thanks in advance! Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I'm new to this forum and really enjoy the game, thanks again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock