Hacking Wii needs repair, but I have homebrew

CleverNameHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii has been having problems with the disc drive and I just got the Brawl disc read error. Nintendo is offering to fix it for free, but I have homebrew. I would like to remove as many traces of it as possible. I have the Homebrew Channel, I used DVDx back when that existed, and I have launched games via GeckoOS. I hope to install BootMii as boot2 to create a backup, then uninstall it along with the Homebrew Channel. Then I will use the Format System Memory option in Wii Settings. When I get my Wii back, I'll still have all of my data after I restore the backup and be able to play my WiiWare games off of the SD Card without having to re-download them, right? Also, any other suggestions for removing homebrew or experiences with Nintendo support? Thanks.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would not install bootmii as boot2 if sending to Nintendo. I am not sure, but I believe there will be traces of its installation even after uninstalling. Perhaps some could verify that. If I was sending my wii to Nintendo I would install bootmii as ios and load it. Make a new nand backup with bootmii ios, and save a copy someplace safe. Then format that nand backup with ohneswanzeneger and install system menu 3.4, then restore that nand.bin with bootmii. If you did have boot2 bootmii installed you would uninstall it after the nand restore by loading the hackmii bootmini.elf from the bootmii sd loader. Then load the system menu and do the setup. Then I would update from disc to 4.0, then I would update to 4.1/4.2 from disc, then I would do an online update, then another system formate. Then I would get on wiishop and reinstall my wiiware/vc. Play wiiware/vc many times, play many retail games from disc, etc. Just to populate the play logs and such. Then send it back to N.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-