Gaming Wii Music, Wii Health Info

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joystiq.com said:
Greece is not usually known as a hub of video game information, but an interview with George Katrinakis, CEO of Greek Nintendo distributor Nortec Multimedia, reveals some interesting information about two previously unknown Wii games.

In the four page interview with Greek news site Contra.gr, Katrinakis talks about Wii Music, a game that sounds remarkably similar to the conductor demo shown at last year's E3. In addition to the general Wii-remote-as-conductor's-baton control shown at the demo, Katrinakis reveals that Wii Music players will be able to take control of specific musicians and send saved compositions to other Wii users.

Katrinakis goes on to describe Health Pack, a Wii game that will lead the player in various exercises. Sounds kind of basic, until Katrinakis adds that the game will collect biometric data and send it to local hospitals (contracted by Nintendo) through a Wii channel. According to Katrinakis, this data will be processed by the hospital and sent back as a home check up a few hours later. No word on how the data will be collected or processed, but the idea sounds ambitious if nothing else.

It should be noted that this information comes from a rough translation, and that the information is coming not from Nintendo but from a Greek distributor who might be in a position to know about future releases. Still, if the interview is to be believed, we can expect both these titles by the end of the year.

Source

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Hopefully this is true. It sounds great. I'm really keen to get my hands on Wii Music. Hopefully it's more than just a conductor game and actually lets you do things like play the drums with two wiimotes and what not.

The Wii Health + hospital integration is errrhm, a little weird to say the least, it makes me doubt the authenticity of this report.

cheesyPOOF5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds cool.
cool.gif

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really want Wii music. I remember watching the Wii promo vid and it had the guy using two Wiimotes as drum sticks...
but then again, I have my own drumset, ah well
tongue.gif

Still can't wait for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-