Wii Motion Plus...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Yumi, Jun 15, 2011.

Jun 15, 2011

Wii Motion Plus... by Yumi at 6:14 AM (1,074 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Yumi
    OP

Member Yumi Yo Soy Bulleta!!!

Mexico
    Is it really an improvement? Reason I ask is because I have 4 regular Wiimotes and afterwards the Wii motion + came out and now i'm undecided whether to buy the WM+ for each of my wiimotes. If it really adds on to the experience of the games then I will consider it. And i am a little cheap. ;3

2. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Yes it is indeed. After playing Conduit 2 and Red Steel 2 with WM+, I don't wanna miss the benefits of WM+ in any feature game.

3. Yumi
    OP

Mexico
    so i've been missing out on accuracy with my games!? ok, i'm satisfied. I will get the wm+'s. Thank you.

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you'll need 1 for zelda SS too. sell the motes and buy the ones with the mplus built in.

5. Yumi
    OP

Mexico
    will do! thats the game ive been waiting for. twilight just didnt cut the cheese.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...I don't know if you know, but wii motion plus only adds the extra accuracy with the thing on games that support it (linky). So twilight princess (and other games like the first red steel) aren't improved.

All other games are simply unaffected in any way whatsoever. (well...unless you count guitars and the steering wheel. the attachment is obviously to big to fit in it)

I'd go for one or two attachments at most. Four is just overkill.

7. Yumi
    OP

Mexico
    Ah i see. I was about to ask that as well. [​IMG]

I appreciate the info. Ty.

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    them attachments are a pain in the ass best to just get the mote with it built in.

9. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    ROFL! I think you might have mixed that up a bit.

10. mrpinkeye

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i bought an official adapter for £10 and an unofficial wiimote with motion built in for £10...i prefer the unofficial wiimote...works just as well imo and isnt so HUGE!

11. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    I don't think they make those. Are you sure you didn't get ripped off? Test it with a Motion+ game like Conduit 2 or Red Steel 2 and see if it is detected.

12. mrpinkeye

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  13. T3GZdev

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    if you ask me the wii motion plus & wii mote plus are awesome upgrades, you best just getting a wiimote plus tho its unless you want a longer constoller.
    needability well lots of games use it, not 100 % but for the games that do come you will already have it, like redsteel 2, conduit 2, zelda ss.

kinda compair it to DSi, when it was released only 2 DSi exclusives (required DSi), but DS games were still being made but there were also DSi hybrids that were DS games but used the enhanced cpu, ram, & camera on Dsi. for instance systems flaw is a DSi exclusive, pkmn black & white are DSi hybrids they use the cam on DSi but can be played on DS.

same with wii motion plus, all games use wiimote, but there are few that require wiimote plus/motion plus for better accuracy 1:1 motion. red steel 1 uses wiimote, red steel 2 uses motion plus, theres a hand full of games out now that uses it, & zelda skyward sword is coming.

but im 100% sure with the launch of Wii-U lots of Wiimote plus games are coming. remember 1 wii u controller can be used & the other for multiplayer use wiimote pluses, also Wii-U games may have optional wiimote plus usage instead of useing Wii-U controller. so i would just buy wiimote plus in advance.

i already have 2 & a wiimote plus so im good lol. [​IMG]

14. Maid-chan

Member Maid-chan GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    For me, Wii Motion Plus just for game which require it (like Wii Sport Resort). It doesn't work for regular game.
    (Just make your Mote more heavy, except the Motion Plus is inside it) [​IMG]