Wii-Mote as a PC controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dwight, Dec 28, 2010.

Dec 28, 2010

Wii-Mote as a PC controller by Dwight at 6:33 AM (2,667 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Dwight
    OP

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    I'm under the understanding that via bluetooth, I can connect my Wii-Mote to my PC and use it as a controller (just got Super Meat Boy, keyboard controls suck. I looked up a couple guides but they all tell me to pirate these special bluetooth drivers and I can't get any of the cracked versions to work. Is there a legal alternative and/or guide?

Also, for those of you who have already tried this hack, how do you like it?

2. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    not helpful but i've been wanting to do the same thing been playing it with an snes controller lets just say my thumbs will never be the same again

3. Dwight
    OP

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    Yeah no kidding. It's awful on the keyboard too. I have it on my 360 as well (figured it was so cheap on steam why not buy it again) and it's so hard to play without a 360 controller. I feel like I'll like the Wii-Mote even better too.

4. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    I can't rememeber what its called, but there is some FREE software for using a wiimote on a PC. If you are using windows 7 then connecting your wiimote is much easier, as w7 bluetooth should just recognise the device straight away. The problem I had last time I tried this though, was that you can't permanently sync a wiimote to a pc, you have to resync it every single time you want to use it, whic is a complete pain in the arse.

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    True, if you have Windows 7 then you don't need to worry about downloading the third-party drivers.
    The question is, what do you do after you successfully connect the Wiimote to your PC? Will it work with programs like Joy2Key?

6. farcry15

Member farcry15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i played super meat boy with wiimote. you just need a program called glovepie to emulate the keystrokes with the wiimote. the standard windows bluetooth driver works fine for me but it may depend on your bluetooth adapter. the wiimote is better than than the keyboard imo. i can upload the glovepie script i made for smb if anyone wants it.

edit: i've uploaded glovepie here and included my super meat boy script in the wiimotescripts folder. if you're having problems getting glovepie to connect to your wiimote i suggest the bluesoleil bluetooth driver(acquire the full version using google ) , which seems to work for a lot of people. all you have to do is open the script and press play while the wiimote is connected. (when the 4 leds are blinking) the scripts are pretty simple so you should be able to figure out how to customize it to your liking. i've got the controls set NSMB style with the wiimote sideways and all that so it should be good to go,