wii modchip installation

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by StarDancer1980, Oct 23, 2008.

Oct 23, 2008
  1. StarDancer1980
    OP

Newcomer StarDancer1980 Newbie

United States
    ok this is gonna seem silly but i have been trying for ages to find somewhere/someone who can modchip the wii i am gonna get for my son for christmas.. I live in nova scotia canada anyone got any ideas? the only game type store that i know of in the area is ebgames but i would be willing to send or take wii to wherever it needs to go just have no idea who could do this and i am paranoid bout messing around inside of it.. the only other option i have besides askin here (as i did try both a yahoo search and google) is to buy a premodded one but they want better than 2x the price of a wii (and that is both taxes and shipping) and i really don't have that type of money lol so i would really appreciate any direction i can get

2. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Go to ModchipCentral. They have installation services for relatively cheap (better than buying a pre-modded system!). They have installation people in Canada and the United States. I just sent my Wii into them (I live in the United States), and a week later I got it back fully modded. It works great!

3. StarDancer1980
    OP

Newcomer StarDancer1980 Newbie

United States
    ok thanks a ton bout how long did it take from time u sent it off till u got it back?

4. gblock247

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    couple of questions...

1) what is the best modchip to get(all I'm looking to do is play Wii backups and VC games, nothing too complicated) and how easy is it to update them?

2) how do I know if my Wii is a DMS/D2A/D2B or D2C / D2C2 / D2E Console and if it has the 3 cut pins(but Im assuming that only matters if I get a Wiikey chip)? ( I looked on my Wii and if it helps it says 2006)

Thx in advance [​IMG]

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    To question 2: Go to WiiDrives.com
    You have to enter your consoles serial there.