Wii Mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jskyboo, Dec 31, 2010.

1. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I don't know whats going on with your first Wii, but the second one, a crash or freeze during check ios usually means a bad IOS. You can check IOS menu and see if any say "maybe stub" or have a strange version number and removing the oddities. You can also try reloading the IOSs until you find one that crashes.

2. hosigumayuugi

hosigumayuugi AndroPlus

Aug 24, 2009
    Kyoto
    When I extract Wii ware to Wad, this message appears and can't extract correctly.

Adding regular content...

ISFS_GetFileStats(fd) returned -4
    Reading content failed, size=0
    Error reading content

I tested Kirby 64 and The legend of zelda Ocarina of time with Wii Mod v2.4.
    IOS is 249 d2xv3, 202 Hermes v5 and AHBPROT.

I thought it was occurred because of my wrong compiling or translating,
    but original v2.4 and v2.1 also can't extract.

The problem is Wii Mod shows garbage.

Thanks for jskyboo!

3. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Good news, everyone! Since so many people seem to want all their IOSs except for 236 and cios to be official Nintendo IOSs I thought it would be nice to be able to quickly tell which IOSs were. So now in the IOS menu it will display which IOSs are clean or not at a glance. Now that clean IOSs can be identified when installing an IOS over a clean IOS with a higher version, it will try to change the version of the current IOS before installing the new IOS, instead of the old way of just deleting the IOS. This means to install a lower version IOS you dont need nand permission if have ticket version check patched(some clean IOSs don't need to be patched).

I also added two new config options, the first DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove changes the bahavior back to deleting the higher version IOS by default. The second new config option is actually one I brought back, AutoLoadIOS allows you to load a specific IOS at start(ex 236), you will lose AHBPROT when you do this though. Some more goodies here and there and more speed ups and code clean up so here is Wii Mod v2.5

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?afxdz0dna0g7gtr

Changelog since 2.4 :
    Code:
    IOS menu shows clean IOSs at a glance( clean == Nintendo IOS )
    When installing an IOS over a clean IOS with a higher revision it will now try to change the version the IOS instead of deleting it
    Added option, DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove, to override this new higher version default action and delete the IOS
    Fixed some issues in wad manager and cleaned up the menus
    Check ios now has options to display ios currently being checked, dump IOS hashes, and skip checking the IOSs ÂÂÂÂjust output csv(useful if it errors while checking)
    Brought back the config option AutoLoadIOS to load a specific IOS at launch(ex 236)
    More caching and general speed up.

4. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    can u add compatibility to work in sneek/uneek like MMM??? cause I cant get WiiMod to work in uneek+di.

5. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States

6. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    thx,,, i will try it later,,
    great job with wiimod

7. wes11ph

wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Afghanistan
    basement lvl-249
    can you put the ios36 patching from MMM 13.4,
    the patching of IOS36 in Wii MOD doesn't work for good for me..

8. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Well since MMM is closed source, no I can't put ANYTHING that is in MMM directly into Wii Mod. But MMM is based on the code that I later named Wii Mod...so if you tell me what you are doing and what errors it is saying I might be able to fix the errors in the code and resolve your issues. Or if you tell me what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it, I can probably point out another way to do that. Are you using one of the fakesign installers?? Cause those really shouldn't be needed my most people anymore. If you aren't in sneek/uneek you can most likely just install/update IOS 58, relaunch the app with AHBPROT and then patch the IOS directly on the IOS menu.

9. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    sry jskyboo,,, but AHBPROT mode is from HBC 1.07 and 1.08,, not from IOS58.

edited:
    forgot to say,,, it worked fine with uneek now [​IMG]

10. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Im sorry but its not that simple. You can load up with AHBPROT without loading from HBC, or at least the program thinks it is active. You can load from the forwarder with AHBPROT for instance. If you load from cboot2 it will load with 36 and think that AHBPROT is active...I don't really know much about it though since well the only people that really know much about it, TT, have only put out so much information, not all the secrets of AHBPROT have been released. For instance Im pretty sure and others have mentioned it too that there should be a way to reload an IOS and have AHBPROT, but if there is a way to do that it is not very public information(maybe it is public but I haven't seen it yet).

Anyways that is beside the point I was trying to make there, I was saying if loading from HBC AHBPROT may only work with 58, at least if 58 was present when HBC was last installed/updated, I don't really know. When I came back to the scene AHBPROT was one of the few things that had changed in my time away. I have tried to learn as much as I can about it but there really doesn't seem to be much available. There pretty much is a couple posts from TT and the sample code of how to load it that most of the apps that support AHBPROT use to activate the patches.

Glad to hear it is working for you in uneek.

11. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    AFAIK ABHPROT is not dependent on ios58, only usb2 support is dependent on ios58. USB2 support set aside you should be able to load any app in ABHPROT running on any ios so long as the loading app supports this, such as HBC, forwarders, priiloader, disc, etc. I don't know jack about ABHPROT, but that is my understanding. On another note, apps that have reloaded ios with ABHPROT (priiloader 0.7) have installed and used DVDX to get the job done. As for cboot2, I have a felling the any ABHPROT app loaded without reloading ios and has the meta.xml set to no ios reload will think the ABHPROT is available, whether it is or not, I don't know. I just know that if you put an app like wii mod or dop-mii with the meta.xml set to no-ios reload on sd:\, then load it via cboot2 or bannerbomb (I think BB, IDKATM), the app lists ABHPROT as available, but ABHPROT does not work.

12. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    yeah,, that was i said. AHBPROT is from HBC 1.07 and 1.08 not IOS58.
    IOS58 just add support to USB 2.0 and not AHBPROT... to check this, then install IOS58 to your Wii with HBC 1.06 and check if you will get AHBPROT. I can answer to you: "No!".
    Now, uninstall IOS58 and update HBC to 1.08 and check if you will get AHBPROT. Answer: "Yes!".

13. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Yes it acts like that likely because HBC 1.0.6 and below reload an IOS, this is what is losing AHBPROT in the first place. HBC 1.0.7 and above respect the line and prevent HBC from losing AHBPROT before launching the app. BTW Albatroz, is your comma key stuck or something?

14. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    @jskyboo
    I got the same previous error about not FS IOS to Uniiloader.
    Is there anything special to load WiiMod in Uniiloader?
    thx

15. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Short Answer:If you are saying you are getting an error loading Wii Mod from Uniiloader, no there is nothing special you can do. Uniiloader and Wii Mod are both app loaders(among other things). As app loaders, there are some apps they will never be able to load, and there are some app loaders that will never be able to load them. An app cannot load an app that requires the same memory space as itself. This is the same reason why Wii Mod cannot load Wii Mod.

Long Answer:All apps take up space in memory when they run, they have a set size and memory location that they run from that is set at compile time. This memory location cannot really change, as the app's variables and method calls are all based on the memory location the app specifies. What an app loader does is it reads an app from the sd and loads the app into the memory space it calls for and then switches over to running it. So if an app(say Uniiloader) tries to load up another app(Wii Mod) and their memory locations overlap they cannot both be loaded at the same time. There are ways to handle this relocation with apps on PCs but I don't believe it is possible on a Wii. So basically all app loaders have to choose a memory location that does not conflict with the apps they intend to load and load from. So that means choosing which apps need to make sure they can load and load from. Certain ways of loading Wii Mod are more important than others(HBC vs Uniiloader) and its like a great balancing act choosing the best memory location.

16. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    Let me explain this error a little better.
    To load Uniiloader from my 2nd HDD I can use Autoboot from Priiloader or Uniiloader channel in Wii Menu. Then my Emu Nand loads fine with my Wiiwares, Uniiloader Channel and Homebrew Filter. So, I dont use Uniiloader to load WiiMod but, I use Homebrew Filter (this works fine to uneek + wiimod).
    WiiMod loads fine but I cant get access to WAD Manager cause no FS IOS.
    thats the problem with Uniiloader.
    I hope you dont care Im posting some issues Im finding with Uneek/Uniiloader, but your app is Awesome!

17. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Oh well that's a horse of a different color! So if I'm understanding this correctly it sounds like you are loading up Wii Mod in uneek, the method you do this with is complicated but that's the end result. Is that correct? If so then AHBPROT is not gonna work so if you need a FS IOS you would have to reload a patched IOS (press left at main menu). Even if I'm not understanding this fully it does sound like AHBPROT likely isn't active does it say it is on the main menu? If it is active when it is doing the AHBPROT mode patches at the beginning(when you first load Wii Mod) which patches does it say were applied?

I'm fine with you posting issues of Wii Mod having complications with other apps. Thank you, I'm glad you like it so much.

18. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    In my HDD with Uniiloader there isnt uneek. just sorg uniiloader system.
    I load WiiMod using HBF and get AHBPROT enabled but it doesnt work. Then, I try load another IOS and I choose (patched 36) and I get error. Once no cIOS is supported to Uniiloader, if I try cIOS249rev14 (used only to savegame manager gx) WiiMod freezes.
    Do you have any debug version? so i can test and send to you.

19. jskyboo
    OP

jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Hmm...that sounds quite strange. I would have to add debug specifically for this to get anything useful out. Which means I'm gonna need to know more about this setup you've got going on. I think it's probably better if we continue this in PMs.

20. Albatroz

Albatroz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    sure,,,,