Hacking Wii Mini Online Gaming?

retrodern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, as the title suggests I would like to ask if anyone has ever managed to play the wii mini online? I recently found an official nintendo lan adapter and wanted to try it to play online, i activated internet with homebrew ethernet enabler and i can connect with internet wii channel so the adapter works, but when i go to online services it always gives me error 51420 concerning connection problems (which I cannot set as the wii mini has no internet settings) the easiest solution is to restart the wii and try again but trust me I have been trying for a week so the problem is something else!
I have tried everything, from starting the games from disk directly to using them with usbloadergx (both wad and usb installed) to use both gecko / ocarina codes and to install patches or used wiimmfi but nothing helped! With the problem of being able to use only one usb on the wii mini I also find myself being able to try on a limited number of games and looking on the web I did not find any homebrew to be able to change the internet settings! So is there anyone who plays or has played online with the wii mini and kindly can make a guide about it? Or at least to direct me on how to find any solution? Thank You

retrodern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
U using recently updated loaders with wiimmfi v4 patches?
You talk about wiimmfi-patcher v4 for wbfs images? no I have never used it, I found it now thanks to you :rofl2: however the problem remains with the original discs and with the wii mini the problem of the single usb port remains, I tried to start the games from usb loaer first, then remove the pendrive and put the lan adapter and it always gave me the same error as the disc game, but in any case the procedure is very wrong and could cause damage (even if I have read that some do so)

Last edited by retrodern,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The v4 patch is done in the fly if u get the latest version of gx from @blackb0x 's signature, or the latest version of Wiiflow lite from the sticky. If u get the priiloader hacks_hash from modmii, wii.guide or the official priiloader github it too will have the v4 wiimfii patches, but priiloader patches will only get applied to games launched by the system menu

Edit: this would only be an issue if you're using apps/hacks that are like 6 months old or older (working from memory, but I think it was changed around 6months ago)

Edit2: With modern usb loaders u don't need to modify game images for wiimmfi, the patches are applied on the fly in memory

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, as the title suggests I would like to ask if anyone has ever managed to play the wii mini online? I recently found an official nintendo lan adapter and wanted to try it to play online, i activated internet with homebrew ethernet enabler and i can connect with internet wii channel so the adapter works, but when i go to online services it always gives me error 51420 concerning connection problems (which I cannot set as the wii mini has no internet settings) the easiest solution is to restart the wii and try again but trust me I have been trying for a week so the problem is something else!
I have tried everything, from starting the games from disk directly to using them with usbloadergx (both wad and usb installed) to use both gecko / ocarina codes and to install patches or used wiimmfi but nothing helped! With the problem of being able to use only one usb on the wii mini I also find myself being able to try on a limited number of games and looking on the web I did not find any homebrew to be able to change the internet settings! So is there anyone who plays or has played online with the wii mini and kindly can make a guide about it? Or at least to direct me on how to find any solution? Thank You
U can add more usb ports to the mini?

retrodern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The v4 patch is done in the fly if u get the latest version of gx from @blackb0x 's signature, or the latest version of Wiiflow lite from the sticky. If u get the priiloader hacks_hash from modmii, wii.guide or the official priiloader github it too will have the v4 wiimfii patches, but priiloader patches will only get applied to games launched by the system menu

Edit: this would only be an issue if you're using apps/hacks that are like 6 months old or older (working from memory, but I think it was changed around 6months ago)

Edit2: With modern usb loaders u don't need to modify game images for wiimmfi, the patches are applied on the fly in memory
I tried to use wiimmfi v4 patcher directly to patch some games (including mario kart) i put the patched wbfs in the usb and tried but it keeps giving me the same error and i can't connect, thanks anyway for the help, but i think the problem lies in the internet settings of the wii

retrodern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
U can add more usb ports to the mini?
unfortunately not, I have searched many times on the internet if there was a working hub for wii and I have always read that the wii cannot simultaneously read two usb from the same input, and in the case of the wii mini it is even worse because the usb port still has less power than original wii, if someone has the solution and manages to connect two usb at the same time it would already be a step forward because i could use usbloader and the lan adapter together

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The cIOSes in general don't support multiple devices on one port, there is no hub that will support that until support for that is added to the cIOS. Wiimmfi patcher v4 is ancient, but even then, error 5xxxx indicates some issue with your internet connection, not with the patch.

Are you sure the internet channel works? Are you actually browsing web pages or did you just check if it opens?

Reactions: XFlak

retrodern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The cIOSes in general don't support multiple devices on one port, there is no hub that will support that until support for that is added to the cIOS. Wiimmfi patcher v4 is ancient, but even then, error 5xxxx indicates some issue with your internet connection, not with the patch.

Are you sure the internet channel works? Are you actually browsing web pages or did you just check if it opens?
Yes, I checked by going to google and searched for some things, on almost all the sites I tried to open in addition to google on almost all it gives me an error because the browser is old and cannot view pages with modern encryptions but anyway internet works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)