cryingfist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,

I'm here continuing my stream of newbie questions. I've read that there are media players for wii: the factory that softmodded my wii installed mplayer, but it seems unable to do anything (i loaded a dvd and gave me an error...). So I'm asking: are there are good media players for wii?

What I'm thinking about is a mediaplayer which can read .avi files, possibly from a USB device (FAT32 or NTFS compatibility would be awesome).

Also, it would be sweet if this hypothetical media player loads from homebrew channel without the need of a dedicated channel (and no worries about bricking the wii)

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use MPlayer CE 0.76 and it runs my avi files with no problems. I have a 500Gb USB HDD connected which contains all my games and avi files and it doesn't miss a beat. I don't bother with the DVD side of things (or the majority of other bits in there such as YouTube etc) - so much so that I have edited the config files so that it open directly into my video folder for quick and easy access. I load it via a forwarder but it's just as easily accessed through HBC - but the forwarder is the quicker option.

cryingfist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the wiki says that for an offline installation I need to have on my SD also cIOS 60 and 36... or, having an already softmodded wii, can I install cIOS 202 using 249 as base without the need of 36 and 60?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
cryingfist said:
the wiki says that for an offline installation I need to have on my SD also cIOS 60 and 36... or, having an already softmodded wii, can I install cIOS 202 using 249 as base without the need of 36 and 60?
the wiki redirects to a tutorial, which is simple and easy to complete.

cryingfist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i red the tutorial, but i also red some of the threads on MPlayer CE wiki (http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/USB20), which i quote:

"Comment by djdynamite123, Jul 12, 2009
no, use IOS36 or any fakesign trucha IOS you have on wii like ios249 etc"

"Comment by fellipepb07, Jul 13, 2009
THX man! I've selected ios249 and it worked!"

This is why I asked.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the comment that you read just states that you could use any "trucha bugged" ios for running the installer for cios202. if you have a bugged ios36, trucha patched, you could select it for use of the installer of 202. you could also use of course cios249 instead of trucha patched ios36.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?