Hacking Wii maintenance mode

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gEist, could you try that, with maybe 2 or 3 trials of both... that way you can see what areas are important (related to actual save data) / unimportant (related to time / date)

reecarno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that tip. I was under the impression that you couldn't remove those channels but I will give it a go and report back. Have you done this yourself with any degree of success?

reecarno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, can't remove them in this or any other mode, In fact they just don't even show up as a choice. On another note though, I did have a channel with a question mark and no name; what was that about. I deleted it but nothing seemed out of place upon return to the main wii menu. Any Idea what the ? mark channel could have been. Just speculating here I did the SMG update on a PAL wii, I don't ever remember seeing the ? mark channel before in there. When I did the update I tried to do the "metroid Prime 3 trick" and pull the power out at 15% then try the Brick blocked SMG and kept getting the 001 error message, so i gave up and let the update run to 100%. Theres probably a better explanation for it but is it possible that if a user gets this 001 message then a file is created in the channels as an indicator to Nintendo.

I have tried to get the Wii to 001 error again since the removal of the ? mark channel to see if the channel is recreated, however since I've installed 1.9g and have the updated firmware from the SMG dump I cant make it do it. . As I say its probable nothing, just some artifact maybe left over from the 15% power off. Has anyone else seen this whilst in the options either under normal use or maintenance mode .
wacko.gif

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo said (you can find it somewhere on nintendo.com i think) that you can remove the ? Channel without problems. They seem to know that it is some kind of bug which happens with no reason .. just delete it.

WarioIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and if this mode has a shh-like server inside? probably nindendo made a proprietary protocol, but I think is possible to reverse engine it and create a client. I don't know much about network coding, but I'm pretty sure that someone can make it easily.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I did was when the Health & Safety screen came up, I pressed and held A, then I pressed and held + and - while still holding A.
But I'm not sure what the use is
unsure.gif

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is there been any new information on what this does exactly? There has to be some sort of exploit hidden in this mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: