Hacking Wii maintenance mode

auyongtc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this over at maxconsole forum: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=87528

While booting the Wii console, at the health warning screen, hold down - and + button while pressing A will get you into a so-called maintenance mode. Anyone have any luck digging further inside this mode? The topic starter there mentioned that if shop channel is launched from the maintenance mode, he portscanned a FTP server running on the Wii.

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preeety cool. Any movement to like.. press all the buttons or something? I dunno. Its pretty cool. I have an unmodded wii, and a burnt copy of Scarface. But no dice. If it recognized it, I would have like died, but nah. The only annoying thing is, whenever you return from a channel, you have to turn off and turn back on to get back into maintenance mode. Its pretty cool, I must admit
tongue.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found any useful purpose for doing this other than "OOOOOOO!!! I'm in a secret modez on mah WIIZ!"?

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you hold down Z when starting up the gamecube it makes some squeaky noises and a boinging noise. Really kiddish

auyongtc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.