Hacking Wii lens fix solution

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People with problems playing SSMB backup, check your disc for strange scuff marks on the discs outer edge, they are barely visible and can be seen on the right angle..

is wii scratching DL discs`?

methos8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xtreamer said:
People with problems playing SSMB backup, check your disc for strange scuff marks on the discs outer edge, they are barely visible and can be seen on the right angle..

You know what I noticed the same thing. I had mine working fine for quite some time. Then all of a sudden I see the disc error. Ejecting and reinserting seems to resume the game just fine but I did notice small scuffs as you describe on the outer edge. Prior to the disc errors the disc never came out of the wii so it wasn't me who scratched it..

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
methos8 said:
Xtreamer said:

You know what I noticed the same thing. I had mine working fine for quite some time. Then all of a sudden I see the disc error. Ejecting and reinserting seems to resume the game just fine but I did notice small scuffs as you describe on the outer edge. Prior to the disc errors the disc never came out of the wii so it wasn't me who scratched it..

Yes, it seems that wii is scratching DVD+DL burned discs, mine are Verbatim DVD+DL made in singapore 2.4x certified.
I am getting numerous DREs in Sub space academy and I did tweak the laser.. it reads better but..

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
mickthestud said:
man do you people really believe nintendo is gonna get you to send your wii in just to clean the laser its a big cover up in actual fact the very first generation wiis has a problem with the dvd drives they havent benn cleanihg the lasers they have been replacing the whole drives .i have a very first generation wii just finishing of my brawl download ahnd anxious to see if my wii will read it if it doesnt i may never get to experience brawl because a-my wii is obviously modded.

b-i dont want to get my wiiback with a d2c drive not
since my wiikey has worked perfectly since day one..

It's not only first-gen systems. My D2C Wii needed a laser tweak to read DVD+R DL's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4