Hacking Wii lens fix solution

AhmedAtry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after burning many copys of SSBB and having none of them work I have came upon the conclusion that it is my wii that is causing the problems. After reading around in the message boards I have found that it is infact the lens that created this problem.

Problem with it though is my Wii is modded so it is highly unlikely that i can send it in to nintendo to get it fixes; that leave with me to do it myself

Does anyone have any ideas or methods to clean or fix the wii to be able to read dual layer disks.

SoNiC1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if the lens is dirty get some rubbing alcohol on a qtip and very gently clean the lens off and let it air dry. I used it all the time on my gamecube and it seems to get rid of the problem.

SoNiC1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a qtip
qtip.jpg

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
yay, glad to know i didnt miss the ball on that one
tongue.gif

seriously tho, im gunna attempt to tweak my laser tomorrow, do i really need anything else? I dont have a multimeter too hand...reckon i can just go for it? And do it by ear?

macrossru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
yay, glad to know i didnt miss the ball on that one
tongue.gif

seriously tho, im gunna attempt to tweak my laser tomorrow, do i really need anything else? I dont have a multimeter too hand...reckon i can just go for it? And do it by ear?

I was able to do it without a multimeter. Just turn 1/16th and test. Mine worked with 1/8ish.

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just a cotton swab. According to the picture, Q-tips have "more soft cotton at the tip than any other swab".

You think cleaning the lens will help stop DRE. Sometimes I get them when playing backups as well as originals.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
man do you people really believe nintendo is gonna get you to send your wii in just to clean the laser its a big cover up in actual fact the very first generation wiis has a problem with the dvd drives they havent benn cleanihg the lasers they have been replacing the whole drives .i have a very first generation wii just finishing of my brawl download ahnd anxious to see if my wii will read it if it doesnt i may never get to experience brawl because a-my wii is obviously modded.

b-i dont want to get my wiiback with a d2c drive not
since my wiikey has worked perfectly since day one..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.