Hacking Wii keeps restarting after clicking start on any installed channel

Obiforvo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi, i have this serious problem since yesterday. When ever i try to launch a channel in the main menu the wii restarts. Actually, I got a little trigger happy with the AnyTitleDeleter and i deleted the ios 35,36,37,38 and 249. My HBC went out so i reinstalled. It installed on ios 34.

Thats when the problem started. Now when i installed the Backup Launcher gamma 0.3 and Neogamma R7 by wad manager their icons appear in the main menu but on launching and pressing the Launch button the Wii restarts. (I have also installed cIOS 38 rev 14 via network before installing the Apps mentioned above.

Then i did some reading and found out that HBC apps require ios36 so i installed IOS 36 and 37 as well. I reinstalled the cIOS249 with ios38 rev 14. But still no luck
unsure.gif

Can anyone advice me what to do to get the Channels working.

N.B. The .dol versions of the launchers are working perfectly.

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have exactly the same problem on one of the wii
i have been asked so many times here and in different places
no one is able to help

so u better give up

recoomeboom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obiforvo said:
Hi, i have this serious problem since yesterday. When ever i try to launch a channel in the main menu the wii restarts. Actually, I got a little trigger happy with the AnyTitleDeleter and i deleted the ios 35,36,37,38 and 249. My HBC went out so i reinstalled. It installed on ios 34.

Thats when the problem started. Now when i installed the Backup Launcher gamma 0.3 and Neogamma R7 by wad manager their icons appear in the main menu but on launching and pressing the Launch button the Wii restarts. (I have also installed cIOS 38 rev 14 via network before installing the Apps mentioned above.

Then i did some reading and found out that HBC apps require ios36 so i installed IOS 36 and 37 as well. I reinstalled the cIOS249 with ios38 rev 14. But still no luck
unsure.gif

Can anyone advice me what to do to get the Channels working.

N.B. The .dol versions of the launchers are working perfectly.

i haven't been here very long, but i've read a whole bunch of times that you should never delete any IOS, if you want to replace one you should simply install the new one. i can't say it with any sort of authority whatsoever, but your problem may be caused by missing IOS, and you should probably look to reinstalling IOS 34 and 35, which seem to be the only ones you have left modified/still uninstalled.

like i said, i'm not sure at all, thats just my thought process based on what i have read, and what i would try first.

Obiforvo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
thchang said:
no one is able to help

so u better give up
Well i got a reply somewhere sayin that i should first of all reinstall the ios 38 53 and 55. You can get it here < http://www.mediafire.com/tealc99s > courtesy Tealc99.
I m gonna install them first serially.
Lets hope it works

Obiforvo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi thchang, Well i got over my problem
yaynds.gif
. If u r facing similar issues i would suggest u reinstall the following IOSes, provided u deleted the IOSes like i did.
Use wad manager and the link i provided above.

Hope u solve your problem with this process.

Any queries you r free to ask me.

justsayin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same prob.

4.0U
Wanikoko usbloader1.5
Coverfloadewr 1.1
cIOS38rev14
uLoader 2.7
NeoGamma 1.0

I think I am making good headway,

Just now,

I uninstalled IOS249 with anytitle deleter,

re-installed IOS36rev10,

re-installed IOS38rev14,

Now I can go from HBC to disk channel to news, weather, HBC etc. without restarting everytime

So far so good.

Spoke too soon, seemed to work for a minute now back to the same problem. WTF this is getting frustrating.

It seems that this started when I installed neogamma and Uloader and they use IOS202 and 222 maybe I'll try to delete them and see if the prob goes away.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really can't believe any of you having problems...!!
wtf.gif
those channels restarting the Wii are looking for the IOS that makes them to launch, hence you (sorry for this but you earn it) STUPIDLY erase them......of course it does nothing but to restart the Wii, cause there is no IOS to support the channels, use DOP-IOS to install all the IOS needed and apply the patch it suggest to, and stop making stupid and dangerous things like deleting IOSes, if you are on 3.3 (or any 3.X) and you delete IOS30, you'll have a full brick with no fix possible at all, got it..??
mthrnitesmiley.gif

justsayin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those channels restarting the Wii are looking for the IOS that makes them to launch, hence you (sorry for this but you earn it) STUPIDLY erase them......of course it does nothing but to restart the Wii, cause there is no IOS to support the channels

I am sorry but your wrong.

IOS249 Does not load Wii channels.

Don't call people stupid for that reason. Why do you think someone even coded Anytitle deleter in the first place? Were they just being stupid?

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
justsayin said:
those channels restarting the Wii are looking for the IOS that makes them to launch, hence you (sorry for this but you earn it) STUPIDLY erase them......of course it does nothing but to restart the Wii, cause there is no IOS to support the channels

Don't call people stupid for that reason. Why do you think someone even coded Anytitle deleter in the first place? Were they just being stupid?
Ok, even though IOS 249 doesn't load anything, IOS 35, 36, 37, and 38 do. So he was being stupid.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obiforvo said:
thchang said:
no one is able to help

so u better give up
Well i got a reply somewhere sayin that i should first of all reinstall the ios 38 53 and 55. You can get it here < http://www.illegalcontend.com > courtesy Tealc99.
I m gonna install them first serially.
Lets hope it works

You need to remove the link as it links to illegal content...

justsayin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asdf said:
justsayin said:

Ok, even though IOS 249 doesn't load anything, IOS 35, 36, 37, and 38 do. So he was being stupid.

OK Who's being stupid?

People are to quick to call others stupid. It's not polite.
smile.gif

Anyway. I am pretty sure it has to do with 36 and 37, I did not have this problem when I had just 38 installed. Uloader needs some 36 merged with 37 Cios. That USBLoader didn't seem to need and when I put that in the problem started. I know of another wii with 38rev13 that does not have this prob. I think now the only sure fire way to get around this prob would be to downgrade to 3.2 and then upgrade back to 4.0 and go from there. Are there stock copies of 36 and 37 or a way to replace them with non custom ones?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
justsayin said:
QUOTE said:

Ok:

1)FYI IOS249 can load channels if you like, apps too, of course the DVD/SD/USB loaders, and even the SysMenu
2)When I said IOS I meant the ones these people deleted, not IOS249
3)The entire Hacking Section here at GBATemp consider "stupid" to anyone deleting an official IOS, even if it doesn't brick you Wii (thing that has happened A LOT)
4)I use ATD a lot and I had never deleted an official IOS (only cIOS), so it is not its major porpouse I believe

...!!
smile.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
seems to me ppl hacked there wii's (not really knowing what to do) install custom IOS's e.g cIOS249 rev 14( for loading backups etc.. which is understanable) then deleted official IOS's(using ADT without any knowlegde of the wii system) that were on the system before the hacking started, then blamed the custom IOS's that they originaly installed, (doesnt affect the wii at all then are stand alone) then totally fucked the channels cause when trying to load they cant find the needed IOS's to loaded resulting in a reset to the wii menu.

have i got that right or am i missing something

the simpilist way to fix what youve done is reinstall all the IOS's you delete, or maybe do a system update thru the wii then that might reinstall the old IOS's along with the new IOS's needed by newer games, then rehack the wii and install a cIOS again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1