Wii keeps freezeing - Help needed!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Trace_hunter1, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Trace_hunter1
    OP

Trace_hunter1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2010
    Right so i decided to do a small LED hard mod to make the wii light stay on permanently following this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ftb7XpNJM

everything went fine and it worked (except I got a bit of metal stuck in the wii) but after re assembling my games would freeze after a few mins of playing,
    it's about after one min or a min and a half that my games freeze and I need to reset the wii, I tried it on 2 back ups and they both freeze at roughly the same time.

I tried playing a retail game and that seemed to work fine so I'm assuming it's a software issue (I thought it was the piece of metal I lost but I opened up the console and took it out)

I have 4.2, hbc, ios something rev 17, latest version of neo gamma, bootmii and a nand back up

everything was working fine until I make the LED mod and now my backups freeze, cleaning the drive with a dvd cleaner didn't work.

Any help would seriously be appreciated

EDIT: turned it on it's side and now it appears to be working fine, can't tell for sure though, i'll update tomorrow

2. Trace_hunter

Trace_hunter GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2009
    UK
    Right well everything seems to be working, may have been a dodgy usb port because I switched my lan adapter but who knows

2 accounts I know, I can't remember the password to this one but i'm logged in xP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice