Wii keeps freezeing - Help needed!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Trace_hunter1, Sep 15, 2010.

Sep 15, 2010
  1. Trace_hunter1

Newcomer Trace_hunter1 Advanced Member

May 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Right so i decided to do a small LED hard mod to make the wii light stay on permanently following this video:

everything went fine and it worked (except I got a bit of metal stuck in the wii) but after re assembling my games would freeze after a few mins of playing,
    it's about after one min or a min and a half that my games freeze and I need to reset the wii, I tried it on 2 back ups and they both freeze at roughly the same time.

I tried playing a retail game and that seemed to work fine so I'm assuming it's a software issue (I thought it was the piece of metal I lost but I opened up the console and took it out)

I have 4.2, hbc, ios something rev 17, latest version of neo gamma, bootmii and a nand back up

everything was working fine until I make the LED mod and now my backups freeze, cleaning the drive with a dvd cleaner didn't work.

Any help would seriously be appreciated

EDIT: turned it on it's side and now it appears to be working fine, can't tell for sure though, i'll update tomorrow
  2. Trace_hunter

Member Trace_hunter GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Right well everything seems to be working, may have been a dodgy usb port because I switched my lan adapter but who knows

2 accounts I know, I can't remember the password to this one but i'm logged in xP