Hacking Wii ignores Boot.elf - Preloader can't find HBC

Stanto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

So I'm trying to install bootmii via the hackmii installer; only the wii is ignoring the boot.elf file on the root of my SD card when I load up the channels on it via the (wii) button as per the typical guides.

Also, preloader states it can't find HBC when I try to run it but it's accessible via the wii system menu.

The current state of my Wii is that it's soft modded, with DVDx, HBC, 4.1E (custom updated) and preloader 0.29.

So what I'd like to do is, install bootmii and hopefully get the preloader to be able to launch HBC. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
From what I'm understanding, you're placing the boot.dol on the ROOT of your SD card and attempting to load that via HBC?

He seems to have started the instructions for Bannerbomb halfway through

Those instructions are if you have bannerbomb on your SD card. To load hackmii through HBC just put it in SD:/apps/hackmii/ and load it.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
install the preloader 0.29 JODI or new priiloader cause u have installed the new HBC, your preloader version search for HAXX version of HBC that's why you did'nt found ...

for installing bootmii just launch from HBC ... create a Hackmii folder in your apps folder and launch it

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes install priiloader. make sure you get the right hacks.ini for 4.1

and you'll want to create a directory under apps to place boot.elf for the hackmii installer.

Stanto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a boot.elf file, not boot.dol. I know there's a file which can convert from .elf to .dol but it recommended that it's not used on the hackmii installer. To my knowledge a boot.elf file needed to be placed in the root of the SD card to be booted via the 'channel on SD Card' method? As HBC only boots .dol files?

To offer clarity; I've done the Twilight Hack some time ago and all I'm doing here is installing apps which I didn't back then.

Stanto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It appears that boot.elf files can be loaded via the HBC so I now have bootmii installed.

preloader 0.30 allegedly fixes the 'cannot find' HBC bug but it states I need to modify the booting IOS with ES_VERIFY which I don't fully understand but DOP IOS downloaded and sorted it out for me:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS

Thanks for the input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up