A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I was curious if anyone has any experience with these Wii HDMI Converter / Adapters? Is it possible to have the original Nintendo Wii output 720P / 1080P?

Just doing a quick google search, I found several adapters on Amazon:

1. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=wii hd converter&sprefix=wii hd con,videogames,370&rh=i:videogames,k:wii hd converter

2. http://www.amazon.com/Converter-Output-Supports-Wii-Display-Nintendo/dp/B005EK3OF4

Has anyone has any personal experience with these cables? I have the component cables that bring the Wii to 480P, but I wasn't sure if 720P / 1080P was possible through one of these adapters / convertors?

Thanks in advance for all your time and help around this, it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Asif

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have component cables, HDMI converter is useless. It has an upscaler to 720/1080 but TVs do the same.

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my question didn't get communicated clearly.

Question: Is it possible to buy an adapter / converter so the wii can display full 720P / 1080P image quality?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my question didn't get communicated clearly.

Question: Is it possible to buy an adapter / converter so the wii can display full 720P / 1080P image quality?

No matter what adapter/converter you use, the Wii's going to put out 480p max, if the HDMI dongle is outputting anything higher, it's doing its own upscaling, and whether that's any good is going to vary from device to device. These are mainly useful if you don't have a free component input on your TV.

If you play Wii games on a Wii U you can upscale them to 720p/1080i/1080p (whatever resolution your Wii U is set to). The picture will look sharper, and depending on your TV might look considerably better, but it's not going to do miracles as it's still treating it internally as 480p. Its more like the difference on older systems when you went from RF to S-video. Same image, just its going to be cleaner, and you may notice more of the detail that was already there (which is not necessarily always optimal).

If you play Wii games in Dolphin you can uprender them to HD resolutions (or higher) depending on how powerful your PC is. This is the real deal, check youtube and you can find some videos comparing Dolphin uprendering to real Wii, and it's really quite impressive.

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information, I'm just looking at the Wii only (not Wii U or any PC Emulators). Sounds like there is no way, since it's not possible via the wii hardware, to get true 1080P image quality from a standard Nintendo Wii.

Is this the correct assumption here? Thanks again for everyone's time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for the information, I'm just looking at the Wii only (not Wii U or any PC Emulators). Sounds like there is no way, since it's not possible via the wii hardware, to get true 1080P image quality from a standard Nintendo Wii.

Is this the correct assumption here? Thanks again for everyone's time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

Yes it is truth, the max you can do is buy a component cable which makes the quality better, but still no 1080p or 720p..

with the wii hardware this is all you can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy