Hacking Wii has artifacts,sending in for repair,how do i virginize it?

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2U wii with CIOSCORP 3.6, CIOS rev 14, priiloader, HBC, BOOTMII as boot 1 or 2(not sure), and as IOS etc... I want to send my wii in for repair because the artifacts are getting out of hand. I even bought a fan for it. it still has the artifacts. How can i virginize my wii so i can send it in for repair? Btw anyone know how much it costs? will i be safe to reapply homebrew on it afterwards (assuming that they might change some things to make it unhackable)? thx

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Though I haven't studied up too thoroughly when it comes to revirginizing, I do know that some stuff, like DVDX and the Homebrew Channel, can be uninstalled through the same application used to install them. The only trouble I can imagine is uninstalling everything in the right order, and more risky business like handling the IOS's correctly.

All I know is if you do it right and get it repaired correctly, hacking it to pieces again should be easy enough, through GBATemp's own guide on softmodding any Wii from 4.2 and under. You're gonna have to get someone else's advice about the actual virginization process (is "virginization" a word?).

hempin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of who says what & since there gonna send you a refurb any way..as if your under warranty, remove ios60 (4.0) or your system menu (of course we are bricking the unit) and send back and wait the 2 week game for free. Also be sure to backup all your mii's and game saves to sd then brick and ship or else brick and pay $85. either way it's the safest and cheapest way to keep your soft modded wii.. 99.9% chance you'll be getting a replacement!

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wow thx guys fast reply. anyway i think i will use the guide longtom 1 posted. seems to be the most thorough. thx again. anyone know how much a repair costs tough? i hear people giving varied prices on things like DVD drives, but havent found a price for GPU repair.

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hempin said:
Regardless of who says what & since there gonna send you a refurb any way..as if your under warranty, remove ios60 (4.0) or your system menu (of course we are bricking the unit) and send back and wait the 2 week game for free. Also be sure to backup all your mii's and game saves to sd then brick and ship or else brick and pay $85. either way it's the safest and cheapest way to keep your soft modded wii.. 99.9% chance you'll be getting a replacement!

so first i remove all the hacks using the guide above then as one last step remove IOS 60? Should i remove IOS 70 instead since im on 4.2? Why would they repair it for free? should i tell them i have artifacts or a bricked wii? sry for all the questions.

rickz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
tell them it bricked(got black screen only) after the 4.2 update through wifi

As sleazy and fraudulent as this sounds, it works.

I had a friend (seriously, not me!) who tried modding a Wii, and failed miserably. Sent it to Nintendo saying it did that after a Software Update, and they repaired it for free.

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hahahaha ok. ill try that. so should i even bother virginizing it or should i preform the "un-hack" until i am only able to uninstall IOS70? sry for the constant questions. i feel bad.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phone them before you do anything see if there gonna give you free repair then uninstall bootmii and delete the system menu IOS cause they can't tell what's on your wii when you fully brick it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: