Hacking Wii Hacked, Hard Drive Formatted...Can't Add Games!?

Bowler4Ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I got my Wii hacked a few weeks ago, and I got a 160GB drive formatted inside an external case to use for my Wii games (using USB Loader GX). I can transfer my purchased games onto the drive through the Wii, yet when I try to transfer the games from the PC onto the drive, I cannot because of a partition error. Any idea on what may be happening?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zizer said:
if you have fat 32 it is normal , use wii backup manager (auto split wbfs)
As zizer said if your on fat 32 the max file size is 4gb for fat. So you need to use Wii Backup Manager or a similar program to transfer and split the file into 2.

A little more info from you could help determine the cause. What format is the partition? How are you transfering the file from your PC to the HDD?

Bowler4Ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, also I've tried a couple different partitioners on Windows to make it WBFS on Windows (WBFS Manager 3.0, Wii Backup Manager) and it gives me an error. I've succeeded in making it WBFS only on the Wii (USB Loader GX) once. Yet, when I try to transfer the games, it gives me an error and it can't transfer. The programs don't even recognize the size of the drive (160GB), but they know it's there

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you're using WBFS as partitioning (which was the standard until about a year ago), it's normal that windows will not recognize the drive and will even ask to partition it every time you plug it into your pc. Still, using WBFS manager, you should be able to find the drive and transfer the games to it.

If it continues to fail, just reformat the drive to FAT32 and use wii backup manager to transfer the games. Much easier, windows won't ask you to remove all your games of your drive every time and you can even use the same drive for other homebrew.

Bowler4Ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
If you're using WBFS as partitioning (which was the standard until about a year ago), it's normal that windows will not recognize the drive and will even ask to partition it every time you plug it into your pc. Still, using WBFS manager, you should be able to find the drive and transfer the games to it.

If it continues to fail, just reformat the drive to FAT32 and use wii backup manager to transfer the games. Much easier, windows won't ask you to remove all your games of your drive every time and you can even use the same drive for other homebrew.
You are AWESOME! I erased the drive and formatted it using that (updated) program, and it worked! Thanks!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the compliment. But I'm just the messenger (even just the third one, as zizer and Ryoku already mentioned the same). If you want to express gratitude, do so at fig2k4 (he is the creator of wii backup manager).
smile.gif

Glad to hear things are working, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.