Wii hack - done twighlight hack - done everything right and its still

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tumty, Mar 15, 2009.

1. tumty
    OP

Newcomer tumty Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi - im having some problem launching any games at all for some reason. The 2 ive downloaded are Mario Kart and Force Unleashed.
    I have burnt them onto a DVD -R. i got homebrew channel. when i try to launch them using gamma backup loader 0.3 itt comes ups with the same message

error no CIOS

not sure what it means. i though it migh have something to do with my ios which is ios 36. so i tried to upgrade it to 36rev7 which i heard is the same thing as ios249.

so i tried. but in wad installer, it says theres a ticket error.. but then it also says cios successfully installed.

also - my friend has managed to hack his wii and has a backup loader channel. My backup loader seems to be INSIDE homebrew channel itself..

so i also tried to use my mates files which was also unsuccesful as i couldnt install them in wad installer. (same ticket problem)

I have no idea what im meant to do now because im not sure what files to use where to get them from. My wii is updated to the latest i think. i bought my wii for xmas 2008 and updated it straight away.

I'ce also heard that i might need to downgrade it.. but my mate seems to have hacked it without having to downgrade. And he doesnt know what the hell is wrong with it either...

SO PELASE PLEASE HELP MEEE!

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    You need to install IOS16 with the normal wad manager, then use the Custom Wad Manager to install the cIOS249_r7(or the better newer r8).wad then you can downgrade and install starfall or preloader wich is like the ultimate feature to block disc updates..!! [​IMG]

3. icefireicefire

Member icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

United States
  4. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    first of all , what system menu version are you running ?? and what are you trying to do from there ?? if you are new to this scene please click on the first link in my signature and follow the tutorial and you should be set [​IMG] good luck

5. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    if you find the backup loader.wad it installs as a channel, if your using a boot.dol version in your apps folder it will only load thru HBC please read a little more before posting

6. tumty
    OP

Newcomer tumty Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi er - thanks alot! icefireicefire!

i'll see if this works

bugaveli - i already knew this - you did not help at all - if you dont want to comment dont.

7. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    Oh no I really wanted to. It was sweet.
    dont worry about me ok? worry about the questions you ask when u dont read

8. swf3

Banned swf3 Banned

United Kingdom
    I wouldn`t suggest softmkii as it bricked my wii and lots of outhers

9. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'd suggest sticking with cIOS v8, and running Softchip and/or Gamma.

Softmii and preloader seem to be a bit unnecessarily risky.

I'd guess you're running 3.4, which is the source of your problems. The method suggested above with IOS16 should solve it for you.

10. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    You know, in all of your recent posts, you've been flaming Softmii. Seriously dude, stop.

11. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    by the Way I was talking to Outhers earlier and he said his Wii is running like a charm [​IMG] hahahahahahaha LEAVE THOSE GUYS ALONE and have something better to do please [​IMG]