Hacking Wii games on WiiU

BinaryShrub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been fishing around threads and have yet to come across how to exactly do this, but how can I play Wii games on my WiiU?

I have Homebrew Launcher up and running but if I put USB Loader GX in the apps dir on the SD card it isnt picked up by the launcher -- also I am assuming since WiiU doesnt have access to USB the games wouldnt be able to load anyway.

If it exists, what can I use to play Wii games?

BinaryShrub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm: hack the vwii with smash stack, install cios, use wiiflow to load wii back ups.
Can you translate that to retard for me? :)

Do I need to have the SSB Disk?

You dont even need homebrew to do that... Just launch the Wii Mode from the home menu.

I dont have Wii mode, can I install it without Spoofing? Where do I store the games?

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have been fishing around threads and have yet to come across how to exactly do this, but how can I play Wii games on my WiiU?

I have Homebrew Launcher up and running but if I put USB Loader GX in the apps dir on the SD card it isnt picked up by the launcher -- also I am assuming since WiiU doesnt have access to USB the games wouldnt be able to load anyway.

If it exists, what can I use to play Wii games?
To play Wii games you Wii u you need to do it from the Wii mode of the console (Wii icon on the wii u dashboard)

Check this thread for more information about installing homebrew on vwii :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/beginne...me-backups-and-homebrews-on-wiiu-vwii.388448/

BinaryShrub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you translate that to retard for me? :)

Do I need to have the SSB Disk?

I dont have Wii mode, can I install it without Spoofing? Where do I store the games?
You just want to play a Wii game in your Wii U, right? Then just tag on the Icon that says Wii in your Wii U home menu and after that just insert the game Disk. If you want to use Wii homebrew, refer to the vWii hacking guide.

Last edited by cmdj13,

BinaryShrub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just want to play a Wii game in your Wii U, right? Then just tag on the Icon that says Wii in your Wii U home menu and after that just insert the game Disk. If you want to use Wii homebrew, referenzen to the vWii hacking guide.

Sorry if I wasnt clear, I want to play backups from my SD card or USB

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To play Wii games you Wii u you need to do it from the Wii mode of the console (Wii icon on the wii u dashboard)

Check this thread for more information about installing homebrew on vwii :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/beginne...me-backups-and-homebrews-on-wiiu-vwii.388448/
Yes you need a regular 2gig SD card to put all your homebrew and usb oader apps , your Wii games will have to be on a fat 32 formatted HDD. Also if you don't have the Wii icon, it means that you are on a very old firmware... Unless you deleted the icon somehow.. Could you check what your firmware is by going to setting and quoting the number on the top right of your screen? You might need to update your firmware from an on disc system update with a game like splatoon for example.

Edit: since you have found your Wii icon, you can follow the vwii hacking guide now. Follow it the the T, wiiubrew.net has all the packages you need to get you started with usb loader. Only follow vwii instructions. Do not EVER install something that was made for Wii, it will brick your console. Only use hacks that are made for vwii. I can't stress this enough

Last edited by Wiiunator,

BinaryShrub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use a USB stick FAT32? Also are there any issues with swapping between SD cards? when I want to jump from Loadiine GX2 to USB Loader GX?

Last edited by BinaryShrub,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool