The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Colors...Oh man, I'm loving it. Definitely one of my favorite games this year. It's not too hard, but it's not spoon-feed easy either, which is good. No challenge means no fun. One thing I noticed, is that most levels, you can't just hold Right and run through the level, while dodging a few enemies here and there. Most of the levels require you to interact with other things in the level (Switches, pulleys, etc.). The levels are very well designed in my opinion, and have decent length (Some are long, some are average, and some are short).

Also, on a side note, I just made this new avatar and signature because I'm enjoying Sonic Colors so much. I think it turned out nice...
biggrin.gif

Well, that was a pretty weird way to start off this blog post. Anyway, Donkey Kong Country Returns. I DL'd it when it was available on the private tracker I use, and I played it for a while. By a while, I mean the first 3 levels. The levels are pretty long, and have a lot of hidden secrets in them (The KONG letters (Although they aren't really secret), bonus areas, etc.). The game is definitely well designed, and is as challenging as I thought it would be (Not extremely hard, but not easy). Can't wait to play more later today.

Next up, Minecraft stuff. If you haven't heard already, we (By we I mean GBAtemp, although we're disbanding from them soon...Nothing personal, but yeah) have a Minecraft server (Both classic and survival). I'm an admin on it, and we'd love for more people to come online and build stuff (We've almost reach our 2000th player mark). With this week's Minecraft update coming soon that includes health and possibly PvP, we're all preparing for loads of people to come online, so why not you guys too?
biggrin.gif
/shamelessadvertising

But yeah, I've been working on a pretty cool underground base on the SMP server. I don't have any pictures or anything, but it's just a fort with adminium (AKA bedrock) walls, and a portal going to my safehouse, which leads to my regular house via underground tunnel. I'm making the base since we're going to keep PvP on at all times, and it'll be a place I can go hide and recover if I need to (Although, with mah 1337 admin hax0rz powahs, I can probably give myself infinite health...Lol).

Well, that's about it for this blog post...I couldn't think of anything else to talk about, even though I wanted to...Oh well. Back to Minecraft.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
TDWP FTW said:
Next up, Minecraft stuff. If you haven't heard already, we (By we I mean GBAtemp, although we're disbanding from them soon...Nothing personal, but yeah) have a Minecraft server (Both classic and survival). I'm an admin on it, and we'd love for more people to come online and build stuff (We've almost reach our 2000th player mark). With this week's Minecraft update coming soon that includes health and possibly PvP, we're all preparing for loads of people to come online, so why not you guys too?
biggrin.gif
/shamelessadvertising
So SMP isn't useless anymore?
If it's actually worth playing I might join in, I've been wanting to get back into Minecraft.

EDIT: And yeah, Sonic Colours is awesome.
I've not finished it yet but I've already seen the last boss (lol 10 year old cousin beating the game before me)

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
So SMP isn't useless anymore?
If it's actually worth playing I might join in, I've been wanting to get back into Minecraft.

EDIT: And yeah, Sonic Colours is awesome.
I've not finished it yet but I've already seen the last boss (lol 10 year old cousin beating the game before me)
Yeah, it never seemed that fun without a true point to it. Just building stuff and exploring places really. I MIGHT start playing legit on SMP with there being a need to survive/collect items now. I like playing legit, as it makes that game last longer, and is actually fun, so if the health works nice and all, I probably will. Then there's doing admin duties, like cleaning up after griefers, which I usually need stuff I get from the /item command to fix/clean up. Oh well, there's other admins, and most of them don't want to play legit.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I still need to start on Sonic Colors, I'm too busy playing minecraft tho
tongue.gif

And yea, I really hope notch releases this update soon, this is the status:
* Send attack network data: DONE
* Add the ability to attack other entities: DONE
* Implement falling damage: NOT STARTED
* Implement respawning for dead players: PARTIALLY DONE (there are bugs with the player keeping the current location in some circumstances instead )
* Make eating food regenerate health: DONE
* Send health updates to the players: DONE

The “attack entities” code is done on a general level, so you can hurt animals, monsters, boats, carts and even other players.

There are a couple of other tweaks in the next update as well:

* Fix leaves. Again: DONE
* Optimize the lighting update slowdowns: STARTED
* Make players riding carts or boats a long way receive terrain updates: DONE
* Fix the block re-spawning bug: NOT STARTED
* Add “pvp” toggle flag to the server settings: NOT STARTED.

But is it wise to keep PVP on all the time?
Maybe there will be a system with like, 5 days of pvp, 2 days to rebuild/recover with the awesome server hey0 server mod.

EDIT: And I'd like to play legit too, it's just not really doable to play legit when you need to fix griefed stuff, and if you have the power of /item, it's hard not to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2