Wii/Gamecube Controllers

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by DrYHeLL, Jan 24, 2009.

Jan 24, 2009

Wii/Gamecube Controllers by DrYHeLL at 6:01 PM (1,064 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DrYHeLL
    OP

Member DrYHeLL GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-77-...+3-70-2ola.html

I can assume that because of the "Play it on the wii" titles are coming out they are releasing a Gamecube controller to play the games like they were originally meant to be played.

Anyways, this new controller is officially licensed, boasts a longer (10 ft total) cable, and matches the Wii console's pure white color. Feels and looks 100% like the originals, if not better.(Or so says the reviews)

I don't know about you guys... but I want this controller! [​IMG]

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I bought this exact same controller about a month ago from PlayAsia.com.
    It's perfect, the cable is just long enough for me, and the build quality is just amazing!
    I'm playing a lot of GC games at the moment, and this controller is just perfect for this.

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    all you really need is some good spray paint, and a hunk of wire to splice in between... I can make a white gamecube controller with a 20' cord from a standard controller for about $5

4. DrYHeLL
    OP

Member DrYHeLL GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Recommended then?
    I want this but I already have a black one... I would like a longer cable however [​IMG]
    I also don't know if I can bring myself to spending $35 on another wired gamecube controller. (Already own 2 GC and one Classic controller)

Maybe once/if its released in america at a more affordable price (Maybe $20/$25?) I would buy it for sure.

Posts merged

Ghetto much? [​IMG]

I would think that would leave not so nice residue...
    That and I'm a bitch for licensed accessories. [​IMG]

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Well DrYHeLL, that depends on what you want. If you already have 2 GC controllers, then I see no reason to buy one.
    I didn't have one, I never had a GameCube and that's why I bought an GC controller.

6. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Bought this last year via Ebay.

$15 - $20

Cant remember how much I spent on it.

This controller is not coming to the US, its staying in Japan.

If you want the controller, go buy it online.

7. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    All Nintendo has to do is resume manufacture of GC controllers.

But they've proven many times that the US is shit in their eyes and they don't think we warrant such treatment. This is why the only GC controllers you can buy right now are all 3rd party, and why Nintendo won't allow 3rd parties to make officially licensed ANYHTHING. They couldn't even toss rumble into the Wavebird, because a friggin OFF switch to disable it likely would have bumped production cost of each one by 5 cents.

We buy 3rd party, we're evil and will void our warranties. But some of their cables and such you can't even find in regular stores, so it's either buy direct from Nintendo or go 3rd party.