Hacking wii game

xxdeb1979xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi ive downloaded donkey kong country for wii and extracted all rar files to iso file ive tried to burn but when verify it fails. also the iso file what image should it be as it a small white like a page ?????? i downloaded more games same image and burn fail

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you asking what the icon next to the .iso file type is on the computer??? strange question...mine shows a piece of dog-eared paper with a CD on it (the standard XP .iso icon)....but that's quite irrelevant. ...the file to icon association can be managed in the control panel and can be changed at will....

as far as your images not working....don't know what to tell you...maybe go out and buy the game instead of being a pirate....

it' been a long time since i burned anything, but i burn all .iso's with nero7 and everything works fine for me.

D

Deleted_171835

This?
iso%20icon.PNG

The icon doesn't matter at all.
--
Don't use Windows default image burner. Use imgburn and burn at 4x speed. What discs (DVD-R, etc.) are you using?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
using imburn is your best bet. you don't have to burn at 4x. i burn all my games at 16x and i never verify. i never have any problems with them. just make sure that you are using good quality dvd's. steer clear of store brand discs. i usually use sony or hp disc's.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
smash_brew said:
using imburn is your best bet. you don't have to burn at 4x. i burn all my games at 16x and i never verify. i never have any problems with them. just make sure that you are using good quality dvd's. steer clear of store brand discs. i usually use sony or hp disc's.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. I've read multiple discussions about this, so you're not the only one who can burn pretty much any DVD on pretty much any speed and still use it. But others are not so lucky. I had more than a few burns fail on me because I burned it at a speed that was too fast.
Can't say the same for brands, as I just went out and bought the most advised one (Verbatim).

But that aside...no matter what brand or speed...the burn shouldn't fail when verifying. xxdeb1979xx...have you tried running the .iso with dolphin (a gamecube/wii emulator)? If that fails, then the image has a problem.
If that works, it's either your burning program (as said: use imgburn) or your DVD-writer. I really hope you don't have one of those ancient ones without buffer underrun protection, because if so...then burning anything requires a good amount of prayer*. And I would really advise you to consider getting an USB drive. I normally do that anyway (more cost-efficient in the long run), but with a faulty DVD-burner it deserves even more credit than normally.

Last question: how old is your wii? It would be nice if you could get your burns to work...but if you have a wii that's less than a year old (eg. those black and red wii's), your wii simply won't accept it.

*seriously...my first CD-burner was so cheap I almost ended up paying more on broken CD's than on the drive itself

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Since she is in UK, i cant recommend TESCO dvd-r well enough, it has a lovely thick blue layer unlike other non big name discs an you can get 50 for a tenner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys