Hacking Wii Game Manager

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok um, i used the search function and google, and im guessing this is one of the first times it has happened. Any way, when i copied all the games from my wbfs drive to my fat32, it mixed up new smbw ntsc-u and tales of symphonia pal, so when i start usbloader gx it says tales of symphonia, has the cover and disk image, but the music is super mario and when i start the game its mario. when i tried to put metroid prime trilogy and ssbb on it they were only .wbfs.tmp not the game and they dont show up. so do you know what the problem is?

nodiaque

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
auriga1000 said:
is there a size limitation on the iso file? wii sports resort shows as a 32gig iso and your prog does not pick it up in list a iso. no problems with smaller games.
thanks

32 gig????? I hope it's 3.2gig you mean but even there, if I remember correct, sports resorts is smaller then that. If you really meant 32gig, you got a very big fake cause the max size of wii game are dvd9, which is 8.5gig

Razumen

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having a problem with WGM lately, it show's up on my taskbar but nothing I do can make it show up on my desktop. I'm running W7 with .net 4.
The process hasn't frozen, and I've tried using task manager to force maximize it, switch ot it, to no avail.

any ideas?

auriga1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nodiaque said:
auriga1000 said:
is there a size limitation on the iso file? wii sports resort shows as a 32gig iso and your prog does not pick it up in list a iso. no problems with smaller games.
thanks

32 gig????? I hope it's 3.2gig you mean but even there, if I remember correct, sports resorts is smaller then that. If you really meant 32gig, you got a very big fake cause the max size of wii game are dvd9, which is 8.5gig

my bad

i ripped a commercial game with clonecd and expected it to work. and yes, the rip showed as 32 gigs which obviously is not a valid rip. i subsequently learned one can only rip with the wii drive to get a valid rip.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will this support FAT32/NTFS sub-directory detection?
e.g. path is USB:\wbfs\game_title [game_id]\game_id.wbfs

when i put wbfs folder, it doesnt detect the game since i need to go to sub-directory "\game_title [game_id]\" before it can actually read the game_id.wbfs file.

this is very helpful managing a lot of files with sub-directory structure, instead of managing them individually by going to each folder per game.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arjaylight said:
will this support FAT32/NTFS sub-directory detection?
e.g. path is USB:\wbfs\game_title [game_id]\game_id.wbfs

when i put wbfs folder, it doesnt detect the game since i need to go to sub-directory "\game_title [game_id]\" before it can actually read the game_id.wbfs file.

this is very helpful managing a lot of files with sub-directory structure, instead of managing them individually by going to each folder per game.

Go into options and turn on "Recurse Subdirectories"

Veric

Trophies
XP
Country
Razumen said:
I've been having a problem with WGM lately, it show's up on my taskbar but nothing I do can make it show up on my desktop. I'm running W7 with .net 4.
The process hasn't frozen, and I've tried using task manager to force maximize it, switch ot it, to no avail.

any ideas?
The same thing happened to me today. Finally I solved the issue (after an hour of tweaking brain cells).
I changed the settings for the program to run in a maximized window. After that I managed to change window size and so far it still works.
yaywii.gif

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
If i insert my SD can WGM download covers straight to the correct paths ?

Is there a plain simple .iso to .wbfs converter ?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
flo said:
If i insert my SD can WGM download covers straight to the correct paths ?

Is there a plain simple .iso to .wbfs converter ?
CODEwit copy *.iso --wbfs --dest destdir
Add -vv to see progress info.
Add --test for a test run (does nothing but logging)
Add --split to enable file splitting.

computerinsect

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a small thing when i rename the wbfs file WGM no longer displays the File Size or Est. Size

Example:
ORG Name - RDKE01 (Works Fine)

CGD Name - Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - RDKE01 (Dosent Work)

Thanks

Also same question as FLO

Can WGM copy Covers to there right DIR's on a SD Card or FAT formated HD
(I realize this can be done just by switching the store location to the SD or HD looking for maybe a double location option
as to have a backup if HD as i have my setup dies wouldent have to redownload all covers)

thewhtrbbt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem with wii game manager 1.5.0.2 for some reason you game and one game only gets read by game manager as a bunch of jargon looking garbage and says its korean. But its is simply Metroid M NTSC version that has been split to fit on fat32 drive and its an original backup i made myself. I thought it might be getting read as 2 seperate games since it was split but that is not the fact and i have many more games that are split and none of them get read funny. Now this isnt really a issue since usb loader sees it normally and it runs fine but I like having a nice Printed list of my games and having a list that shows a game as being a bunch of just random letters is not working for me. I have tried recopying the game i have tried renaming the folder then naming it back and tried to change the .txt file in the folder to see if that made a difference and still it shows as jargony crap. If anyone has a solution or idea how to fix this i would love to hear it. Otherwise since the game does still play i guess i can live with it but it sure is annoying. thanx in advance for any help.

DYL15

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey just letting you know that im having problems with version 1.5.0.2 on windows 7 64bit, version 1.5.0.0 has no problems and works great. Keep up the good work.

rokas1997

Trophies
XP
Country
I like this program, it's VERY usefull, but there is a question,
unsure.gif
I have .wbfs games on NTFS partition and was wondering does this app removes wii system updates when converting to .wbfs?
unsure.gif

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with SSBB, when I try to convert the ISO to WBFS it comes up with an error:

An error has been detected in the file SSBB.iso
wbfs_file.exe output is listed below
ISO INFO C:\Games\SSBB\SSBB.iso
ERROR: invalid block count: 143432 < 242857

Any help? I've seen this question asked before, but it wasn't answered.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with SSBB, when I try to convert the ISO to WBFS it comes up with an error:

An error has been detected in the file SSBB.iso
wbfs_file.exe output is listed below
ISO INFO C:\Games\SSBB\SSBB.iso
ERROR: invalid block count: 143432 < 242857

Any help? I've seen this question asked before, but it wasn't answered.

Not Sure I Have SSBB and I dont have that issue, I cant replicate the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь