Wii game burning issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by D3ATH2020, Oct 2, 2014.

1. D3ATH2020
    OP

D3ATH2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2014
    United States
    The place your not!
    Okay I've read several tutorials on what to do about burning a Wii game and how to set your system up. I've tried everything these tutorials have said and I always end up with a error. I have Sony DVD+R 4.7GB 16X, no matter if I change the book type, the speed, or whatever I still run across a error. What the frick could be the problem. I've tried 4X, 2X, 1X, Max, DVD-ROM (media)- iMGBurn. No matter what I get a error.

2. angelboy777

angelboy777 Newbie

What Wii do you have? Is it from 2006 (white one) or later (black and red ones)

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    What kind of error? Where? On the Wii or your computer? From Windows or IMGburn? Have you tried other ISOs?

Furthermore, why not just USB load?

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    They still made white Wii's that couldn't read burned discs, but you are right about the Wii's that weren't white not reading burned discs. 2006 has nothing to do with it, my red Wii says 2006 on it. sysCheck HD should tell if his Wii can read a burned disc.

5. D3ATH2020
    OP

D3ATH2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2014
    United States
    The place your not!
    It's a 2007 white Wii and Neogama says bad burn +R but I've tried changing the book type to -R and I still get the same issue.

6. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    I always burn a dvd disc at 4x speed, and don't multi task while burning the disc. After burning lots of movie discs back in the day I kind of learned what works and what dont work. Cheap dvd media might take more than one disc sometimes, and the dvd burner you're using might also be a problem, if you have another dvd burner you might want to try that.

7. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Is USB an option? Will save these errors. +r discs are recommended for Wii gamss

8. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    -R is actually what is recommended, i've never had a problem with using imgburn a -R disc and neogamma

9. D3ATH2020
    OP

D3ATH2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2014
    United States
    The place your not!
    I'd use USB but I can't afford a External HDD right now