yaum-gui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi to all,
I have been searching for a similar issue during several days but it seems like there is no such situation on the board (well, not EXACTLY the same).
Here is the issue : after several months of using a softmodded Wii, I has a problem this morning. Indeed : Wiiconnect24 was turned on, and I received a message a few minutes ago (blue light flashing). So I turn on my Wii (with Metroid Prime Trilogy inside)...and nothing ever happened. I even tried to boot on "recovery mode" (Y on GC 1st pad, am I right ?) without the disc, but it hadn't changed anything.
No cables problem, I have checked it all.
No disc problem either (as this had happened before with my GC discs -> wrong patchs applied).
I had not done anything in the last few days since it's been working perfectly : the problem had come out of nowhere (well, seems like ^^).

My firmware is 4.1 PAL Waninkoko, with Bannerbomb installed.
I have my hacks.ini config file in the root of my SD card.
I use WadManager 1.5.

I guess I have all sorts of CIOS and IOS that are required...(+ CIOSpack)

Well, that's all I can say about that issue for the moment.
Thanks in advance for your attention and have a nice day.

EDIT : I forgot to mention that my Wii boots effectively (the "engine" is running) but there is nothing coming later, and my Wiimote always fails to sync with the console.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
1. Any chance that you got a big mail from regular email contacts?
2. Any chance that you installed a forwarder for the game a boy and his blob? or some other custom channel/injected game?
3. Any chance that you got bootmii but an unsupported or messy sd card?

yaum-gui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow, that was a quick reply !
So...
1- I don't believe I received a mail from a "regular contact", and even less chances to receive a big one...I can keep this track in mind if I need it later but I really don't think it could ever happen.
2- I do have some injected games on my SD card : I think I have 2 N64 custom ones.
3- My version of Bootmii is 0.6 if I remember well but my SD didn't try to mess with me so far.

Thank you again for your reply.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What happens if you hold reset when turning the Wii on?

Do you have BootMii as IOS or boot2? (If you can't answer, i'm sure it's IOS==>useless)

Was the Wii lying on your Xbox360?

yaum-gui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lol ! I have no Xbox360, so the RROD couldn't spread to the Wii
tongue.gif

I will try to hold Reset when starting, but I highly doubt this could work : when updating BootMii to version 0.6, I had to downgrade the console [longstory] and I can't remember installing BootMii as Boot2 because I didn't want to screw everything >_<

Anyway, I'll try in a few hours...thank you very much !

Other possibilities ? Not only solutions, I'm also seeking reasons for having screwed my Wii
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A Xbox360 would have explained your problem, your Wii would be dead then. WiiConnect24 alone is able to brick Wiis just by being turned on. The Wii is overheating with that. With an additional heat source near the Wii and the fact that the fan is not running when in WiiConnect24 mode, your Wii has no chance.

Anyways, what exactly was the last you saw on your Wii? And what exactly do you get now?

Like turn Wii on, fan is running, black screen, no wii motes, drive led not flashing...

yaum-gui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Yobemal : I'll try to check that soon.

@Wiipower : I recently played Metroid Prime Wii without any problem. The last problem I had was when I tried to read GC games (wrong patches applied with HackMii Installer) but I solved it with down/upgrading. This morning, WiiConnect24 was turned on, as usual. The blue light from the console began flashing, so I turned my Wii on to read the message...

Step by step :
-The little orange dot on the POWER button turned to green. OK
-The blue light disappeared. ???
-Nothing happened on my TV (no flash, as it happens when the TV switches from one SCART peripheral to another) NOK
-The Wii Remote failed to sync with the Wii. NOK
-The TV screen remained black, nothing with the Wii Remote, but the console appeared as turned on...(to use your words, the fan is still running as usual, no Wiimote, drive led no longer flashing)

As I said earlier, I think the message came from Nintendo (update) but they can't do it without my approval and I didn't change anything recently, so I'm kind of puzzled...(no WADs installed/uninstalled, no change in cIOS...)

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
The bluetooth module of your Wii might be dead. Or some more serious damage could have happened by overheating from WiiConnect24 in standby mode (happened to me twice).
Usually, both would require sending your Wii in to Nintendo, but if it's only the bluetooth module, you could try to replace it yourself, it's probably the most easily replaced hardware part of the Wii. Can you turn your console on with the Wii remote or only with the power button?

EDIT: The blue light always disappears when another title is launched, in your case the System Menu. That's normal behaviour.

yaum-gui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh Helsionium ! Here is something I haven't tried yet...turning on the console with the Wiimote is a really good idea.
Indeed, I have my Wii since 2006 and I couldn't imagine it dying so suddenly...and I couldn't imagine that because the Wii menu doesn't appear at all so I guessed it was all OK except for the Wiimote.

Can this module really prevent my Wii from starting up ? HOLY CRAP.

EDIT : I can't tell you right now if this will work. Stay tuned ^^

yaum-gui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Small off-road message : if I need a good "cleansing" for my Wii, is it better to send my old one to Nintendo (knowing that I haven't been able to erase anything not legit due to the surprise) or to bouy a brand new one ? I know it's cheaper to send it back : my question especially aims at knowing which way is the more convenient to be "clean" again.

yaum-gui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, I just got home and tried your advices.
...long story made short, nothing happened.
Thanksto eBay, I will try to replace the bluetooth module...cross your fingers for me.

I'd like to thank everybody who "wasted" a few minutes to help me on this issue, it's always warmly appreciated here
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153