Wii freezing on black screen with a continuous tone

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mooks, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Mooks
    OP

Mooks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    Alright guys, I usually fix my wii by myself from searching other topics but I don't know what to search for this time

basically what happened is that I installed USB Loader GX and cIOS 222 using IOS 36 and another time using IOS 37 and 36 (both with Hermes' cIOS 222 installer) because I selected the wrong one the first time
    there didn't seem to be anything wrong even after I installed both the IOSs

so I try to boot up a copy of semi-patched Monster Hunter 3 with usb loader gx but it froze when I tried to get into the character creation screen
    for the sake of trial and error, I turned on 002 Fix in usb loader gx boot options and this time the game just gives me a black screen with a continuous tone, then after a while it resets back to the wii menu

The other day I was playing Muramasa, got past the first boss into some japanese-esque building area
    it ran fine for like 7 different areas there but then it froze when it tried to load on the black screen with the continuous tone

Anyone know what's wrong, how I can fix this or even reset my wii back to factory settings?

Thanks in advance

2. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

3. Mooks
    OP

Mooks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    Do you have a link for a guide, I googled but nothing good came up

4. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

5. Hezkore

Hezkore GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2009
    Try starting Monster Hunter 3 in uLoader, create a character and all, then starting it from USB Loader GX.

6. Mooks
    OP

Mooks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    thanks for the tip, but I'll work on restoring factory settings first

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice