Hacking Wii freezing on black screen with a continuous tone

Mooks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright guys, I usually fix my wii by myself from searching other topics but I don't know what to search for this time

basically what happened is that I installed USB Loader GX and cIOS 222 using IOS 36 and another time using IOS 37 and 36 (both with Hermes' cIOS 222 installer) because I selected the wrong one the first time
there didn't seem to be anything wrong even after I installed both the IOSs

so I try to boot up a copy of semi-patched Monster Hunter 3 with usb loader gx but it froze when I tried to get into the character creation screen
for the sake of trial and error, I turned on 002 Fix in usb loader gx boot options and this time the game just gives me a black screen with a continuous tone, then after a while it resets back to the wii menu

The other day I was playing Muramasa, got past the first boss into some japanese-esque building area
it ran fine for like 7 different areas there but then it froze when it tried to load on the black screen with the continuous tone

Anyone know what's wrong, how I can fix this or even reset my wii back to factory settings?

Thanks in advance

Mooks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CloudSE said:
try using a guide to virginize your wii back to factory settings and then try to get everything to work again from the ground up starting there
Do you have a link for a guide, I googled but nothing good came up

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Try starting Monster Hunter 3 in uLoader, create a character and all, then starting it from USB Loader GX.

Mooks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hezkore said:
Try starting Monster Hunter 3 in uLoader, create a character and all, then starting it from USB Loader GX.
thanks for the tip, but I'll work on restoring factory settings first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill