Gaming Wii Forcast Channel now live!

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa for real!? =O Damn i gotta update my wii and try it out then!!
tongue.gif

ryohki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, it is live in australia.
as for everywhere else?
I don't know.
about 15 mins after I updated, I got a wiimail from nintendo saying that I should update, and check out the forcast channel

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
I alos got a mail from nintendo saying that the forecast channel had arrived!!
biggrin.gif
I just started updating it
nyanya.gif
So i think it's safe to say that europe and australia has gotten the forecast channel!!
laugh.gif
Dunno about america though
wink2.gif

Edit: 250th post!!!
rofl2.gif

BvG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice addition and a pretty unexpected date. When will the news and browser channels be availeble?

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
It`s live in Japan too. I just looked at the Wii and noticed it was glowing - wasn`t supposed to arrive here until tomorrow. Yay.

VERY nice for those in Japan who hang their laundry outside to dry (Like, everybody).

SilverAnalyst

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, I woke up this morning to bask in the welcoming glow of my Wii. Then when I read the email from Nintendo it was like recieving an early Christmas present
grog.gif

I can't wait for the internet channel though!
biggrin.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Too bad it's quite inaccurate. Wii says sunny tomorrow, tv says rainy :|
In fact Wii says sunny for the entire week - like that's going to happen.

I wonder where the hell they get their weather data from - not the NZ metservice that's for sure.

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll put 50 bucks on the wii being right, never trust those tv weather forecasts! Anywho, the forecast seems pretty accurate here, well at least for tomorrow. It was full cloudy today but on the wii it says sunny. Still though its a cool gimmick, cause my mom keeps asking me to check the weather once in awhile and now i can check without moving my butt off the couch.

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great i live in "south holland" instead of Zuid Holland , they named all the provinces correctly but they failed to translate nort and south.

I also noticed about 1/4 th of Holland ( The Netherlands ) That's supposed to be under water has become dry land in the weather channel :wtf:

The weather channel is fun but i would prefer if they would show a forecast in the main menu instead of clicking it, other then that it's fun but useless for me since i already have weather forecasts build into firefox
biggrin.gif

controlio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
it's nice...but the city which is next to me, often dont have the same weather that we have in our valley...so it's pretty useless for me...it says today is sunny, but it's snowing here...

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
Too bad it's quite inaccurate. Wii says sunny tomorrow, tv says rainy :|
In fact Wii says sunny for the entire week - like that's going to happen.

I wonder where the hell they get their weather data from - not the NZ metservice that's for sure.

Doesn`t it say in the lower left where the data is from? I know that it does for mine. Weather News - which is like THE weather source for Japan - so I can imagine they might not be as reliable for the rest of the world.
Their page design is really wonderful though. I am pretty thrilled they`re the ones supplying the weather for the Wii (at least in Japan) - makes me glad I invested in their stock.

Oh, and supposedly, the map data is from NASA.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
it nailed my weather for today. and the rest of the week is matching other forcasts here as well... seems nice that i wont have to watch x amount of minutes of the weather channel to catch 'Local on the Eights'... their music makes me soo sleeeppppyyyy.....

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The better should have coöperated with Google earth
biggrin.gif
, so you could get high res pictures of the earth
biggrin.gif

To less city's in it Koksijde Belgium has it's wown weather station that is used for the whole belgium coast, so why using Nieuwpoort that doesn't have a weather station.
Oostende is more known then Nieuwpoort, Ah well let's hope it gets improved
biggrin.gif

Wonder who will make the newschannel, I can see Lame CNN provide european news aired from america
biggrin.gif

I want not local news, but i expect news from my own country in my own language, not news provided by some london guy who doesn't know sh** about inside country news and in english.

Let them coöperate with the bigger local country newspapers (HLN/GvA/HBvL/HNB/DS/DM/Etc...)

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they'll integrate radar into it at some point, that'd be the cincher for me. I like to see the storms come in. Anybody heard anything on that.. erm... front?
Also, a water vapor map would be fantastic for us stargazers. Nobody ever thinks of that, but it's not like it's hard to come by the data or anything.
Of course, I don't even have a Wii yet, so I should probably just hush...
mellow.gif

Bizmat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its been updating for 5 mins now and the progress bar hasnt moved at all what should i do?
*edit* i just reset the system and im gonna try updating again :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wife's doctor prescribed her a ointment for kne pain