Wii Forcast Channel now live!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ryohki, Dec 19, 2006.

Dec 19, 2006

Wii Forcast Channel now live! by ryohki at 8:40 AM (1,825 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. ryohki
    OP

Member ryohki GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    and it's nice... spin the globe, see where it lands!

2. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Whoa for real!? =O Damn i gotta update my wii and try it out then!! [​IMG]

3. ryohki
    OP

Member ryohki GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    well, it is live in australia.
    as for everywhere else?
    I don't know.
    about 15 mins after I updated, I got a wiimail from nintendo saying that I should update, and check out the forcast channel

4. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    I alos got a mail from nintendo saying that the forecast channel had arrived!! [​IMG] I just started updating it [​IMG] So i think it's safe to say that europe and australia has gotten the forecast channel!! [​IMG] Dunno about america though [​IMG]

Edit: 250th post!!! [​IMG]

5. Teun

Member Teun GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Think it's nice, but I doubt i'll ever use it.. [​IMG]

6. BvG

Member BvG GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Nice addition and a pretty unexpected date. When will the news and browser channels be availeble?

7. Tamyu

Member Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    It`s live in Japan too. I just looked at the Wii and noticed it was glowing - wasn`t supposed to arrive here until tomorrow. Yay.

VERY nice for those in Japan who hang their laundry outside to dry (Like, everybody).

8. SilverAnalyst

Newcomer SilverAnalyst Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yes, I woke up this morning to bask in the welcoming glow of my Wii. Then when I read the email from Nintendo it was like recieving an early Christmas present [​IMG]
    I can't wait for the internet channel though! [​IMG]

9. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Too bad it's quite inaccurate. Wii says sunny tomorrow, tv says rainy :|
    In fact Wii says sunny for the entire week - like that's going to happen.

I wonder where the hell they get their weather data from - not the NZ metservice that's for sure.

10. r1cky

Newcomer r1cky Advanced Member

Australia
    I'll put 50 bucks on the wii being right, never trust those tv weather forecasts! Anywho, the forecast seems pretty accurate here, well at least for tomorrow. It was full cloudy today but on the wii it says sunny. Still though its a cool gimmick, cause my mom keeps asking me to check the weather once in awhile and now i can check without moving my butt off the couch.

11. The__B

Newcomer The__B Member

Netherlands
    Great i live in "south holland" instead of Zuid Holland , they named all the provinces correctly but they failed to translate nort and south.

I also noticed about 1/4 th of Holland ( The Netherlands ) That's supposed to be under water has become dry land in the weather channel :wtf:

The weather channel is fun but i would prefer if they would show a forecast in the main menu instead of clicking it, other then that it's fun but useless for me since i already have weather forecasts build into firefox [​IMG]

12. controlio

Newcomer controlio Member

Austria
    it's nice...but the city which is next to me, often dont have the same weather that we have in our valley...so it's pretty useless for me...it says today is sunny, but it's snowing here...

13. Tamyu

Member Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Doesn`t it say in the lower left where the data is from? I know that it does for mine. Weather News - which is like THE weather source for Japan - so I can imagine they might not be as reliable for the rest of the world.
    Their page design is really wonderful though. I am pretty thrilled they`re the ones supplying the weather for the Wii (at least in Japan) - makes me glad I invested in their stock.

Oh, and supposedly, the map data is from NASA.

14. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    ya i got it a lil while ago and it says that it won't snow on christmas eve where i live [​IMG]

15. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    it nailed my weather for today. and the rest of the week is matching other forcasts here as well... seems nice that i wont have to watch x amount of minutes of the weather channel to catch 'Local on the Eights'... their music makes me soo sleeeppppyyyy.....

16. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
  17. Jive3D

Member Jive3D GBAtemp Fan

United States
    very cool. looks great.
    why didn't they arrange it by zip code though?

18. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    The better should have coƶperated with Google earth [​IMG], so you could get high res pictures of the earth [​IMG]

To less city's in it Koksijde Belgium has it's wown weather station that is used for the whole belgium coast, so why using Nieuwpoort that doesn't have a weather station.
    Oostende is more known then Nieuwpoort, Ah well let's hope it gets improved [​IMG]

Wonder who will make the newschannel, I can see Lame CNN provide european news aired from america [​IMG]
    I want not local news, but i expect news from my own country in my own language, not news provided by some london guy who doesn't know sh** about inside country news and in english.

Let them coƶperate with the bigger local country newspapers (HLN/GvA/HBvL/HNB/DS/DM/Etc...)

19. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Hopefully they'll integrate radar into it at some point, that'd be the cincher for me. I like to see the storms come in. Anybody heard anything on that.. erm... front?
    Also, a water vapor map would be fantastic for us stargazers. Nobody ever thinks of that, but it's not like it's hard to come by the data or anything.
    Of course, I don't even have a Wii yet, so I should probably just hush... [​IMG]

20. Bizmat

Newcomer Bizmat Member

United States
    its been updating for 5 mins now and the progress bar hasnt moved at all what should i do?
    *edit* i just reset the system and im gonna try updating again :/