mbr013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi people =P

Well, I bought Wii Fit (American version, since I'm from Brazil) this week and there's something that it's annoying me a lot. The damn measure system. The rest of the world uses the Metric system, only USA uses the damn Imperial units. Well, I know that I can change to the Metric system if I change my Wii Language to French or Spanish, but I sincerely prefer English... Here comes the questions:

1 - The PAL version let the Wii System be in English and use the Metric System?
2 - The NTSC-U save is compatible with the PAL game?
3 - There's a tool, or homebrew, that let me change the language specifically of one game?
4 - There is any sort of hack that let me plays the DAMN USA version in the DAMN English language?

Please, help me! I want to play it in English, and I'm even inclined to mod my Wii to do it, since Nintendo is disrespecting TOO MUCH the consumer with annoying decisions (specially in my country).

If you dont know dont give me answers like:
"...just do the math by just dividing by 2.2 to get kg..." , or "get a calculator..."

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree that there should be an option to select a measure system. Playing with a calculator at hand just sucks (yeah, I suck at math also
smile.gif
)

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's funny as I was asking myself if the revers could be possible.

My GF really like Wii Fit and her maiden language is French so I set the Wii to French (If I was alone I wouldn't care much about using english)... but we (in Quebec, Canada) mostly use Imperial measurement for weight.

I'll watch closely this thread
wink.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming there are two different scriptfiles like e_us and e_uk. If you're super-lucky they're both on the disc; otherwise you'll have to obtain the PAL version of the game and acquire the files that way.

But it should be as simple as decompiling, renaming, reinserting, and burning. Yeah.

mbr013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kosheh said:
I'm assuming there are two different scriptfiles like e_us and e_uk. If you're super-lucky they're both on the disc; otherwise you'll have to obtain the PAL version of the game and acquire the files that way.

But it should be as simple as decompiling, renaming, reinserting, and burning. Yeah.

Can you be more specific? Thanks...

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
be careful - if you set it to UK you might get stones and rocks and pebbles and whatever else.

mbr013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fat D said:
be careful - if you set it to UK you might get stones and rocks and pebbles and whatever else.

I don´t have the Pal game, so i dont know anything about that...
If any programmer want to give a try to resolve this...

If you google it you will see a lot of Brazilians and Canadians complaining about that, maybe people from other countries also...

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my ¢2

Seeing as you want to use a "hacked" game, I assume you have a modified Wii.
Be it soft- or hardmodded.

Wouldn't it be easier to just obtain the PAL game and use that one?
Or am I completely missing the point here?

mbr013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The_Hulkster said:
Here's my ¢2

Seeing as you want to use a "hacked" game, I assume you have a modified Wii.
Be it soft- or hardmodded.

Wouldn't it be easier to just obtain the PAL game and use that one?
Or am I completely missing the point here?

I think this will not work...

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're able to use a hacked game, you should also be very much able to use the PAL version of the game.
There is no reason why that shouldn't work at all..

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
savegames are different for each region, but i dont know if the only difference is the title id, or also other things...

but you could try booting the game with a backup loader/geckoOS with language force enabled

mbr013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was afraid to use the PAL game on my NTSC wii, but i did and for my luck it´s working.
My Wii is Moded by D2Epro GW-609A chip...
Thanks everyone for the tips...

mbr013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I play all my games on my external HDD. (Waninkokos 1.5 USB Loader - direct channels on my wii system to access games)

Does anyone know how to hack that special channel of wii fit (the one that you install with the DVD) to load from external HDD??

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you'll need to find out which file contains the measurement files and stats, then extract them from a PAL ISO and replace them in the NTSC ISO.

but by the time you've done that, you'll already have the PAL ISO and should probably just burn it lmao

sorry, but otherwise i dont know...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1