Hardware Wii DVD drive not spinning

marioemblem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had sent my wii for repair, but the guys there didn't knew how to repair the brick my wii had. I now know how to reapir the wii, but I need to load discs and apparently the guys from the repair shop messed up my drive :/

The problem is: I can load and eject discs, but there's no spinning whatsoever. I can hear some noises when I put it in "clack clack clack", but after that, there's no movement. It seems like it's trying to read the disc, but it isn't spinning...

Is there any way to repair this?

PS: I read on a forum that if some screws are badly placed, the drive is unbalanced, and it doesn't spin. And another one that I found is that I have to bend some metal tabs for it to spin freely.

here are the links to those solutions:

http://wiinewz.com/forums/wii-general-disc...spin-all-2.html
http://wiinewz.com/forums/wii-general-disc...inning-fix.html

Will any of this 2 methods work? if not, what can I do?

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
I would say give it a shot. If it doesn´t work you could always see if you have to get a new motor for your DVD Drive.

This is definitely a hardware related problem.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have a modchip installed? If so, some of the wires may have come loose and need to be soldered again.

Even if you don't, it'd be worth checking that the DVD drive power cable and ribbon cable are connected properly since they might've come loose while your Wii was in the post, or if the repairers you sent it to opened it up to have a look and didn't put it back together properly.

marioemblem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all, I fixed it!!!
I opened up the wii and noticed that it missed a black tape that holds up the laser, so I used tape and now it reads ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative