Hacking Wii Downgrading Woes (+failure)

Adou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: Problem Solved!

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT LETTER YOU CHOSE AT PROMPTS! I LEARNED THE HARD WAY U STANDS FOR UNITED STATES. E STANDS FOR EUROPE. DO NOT THINK IT MEANS ENGLISH. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH IT.

Hi guys,

Recently tried my hand at softmodding my wii and ran into a large problem after I downgraded From 3.3 to 3.2

Here's the lowdown:

U.S. Wii Ver 3.3E

1. Installed Homebrew fine
2. Tried to play a backup copy of a game using a Backup Loader
3. Got an error when I tried to install the custom IOS it came with.
4. Discovered 3.3 didn't play nice with .WADs
5. Found this for the October 23 WAD problem.
6. Installed IO15 with WAD Manager 1.3
7. Proceeded to install CIOS fix successfully
8. Then I went to downgrade with the Wii Downgrader 1.2
9. Chose to downgrade to 3.2E
10. Download and installation went fine
11. Installer prompted me to change region settings to prevent Semibricking so I said ok.
12. It selected English, everything looked ok.
13. It asked me to change settings for the Wiishop channel
14. Selected (U.S)
15. It proceeded to do changes.
16. Reset to the main menu and this is where crap hit the fan.

From menu to standard Wii menu, It now currently flickers insanely and only displays inblack and white.

Note it is very difficult to read the screen with it spinning so darn fast.

Other notes:
  • Wii won't recognize games and channels requiring internet connection display "This channel cannot be used"
  • I can access the Wii Settings Menu
  • I can access the Homebrew channel
  • Wii displays itself as Ver. 3.2E

I'm pretty sure this is a symptom of a PAL Wii operating on an NTSC television. In hindsight, I may have accidentally chosen 3.2U instead of E BUT the Wii says 3.2E

[TLDR;]

Wii downgrade from 3.3 to 3.2 failed. Display flickers greatly(spins down) and color depth is only black and white.

So what do you guys suggest? Should I update the Wii using the normal Wii Update feature (I have Homebrew Channel already)
Or should I try changing the version again through the Wii Downgrader? Please note its almost impossible for me to read any of the lines if I do so. I wouldn't be able to find the right version in the list or read any prompts.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Um.. it sounds like you. .. well to be honest you totally confused me and might be confused yourself. You have a US wii yes? 3.2E is a PAL wii and 3.2U is for US or canadian wii.

Also it sounds like you might have missed a step... did you ever run the IOS downgrader? NOT the cios downgrader?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like he converted his 3.3U Wii to 3.2E.

Try using Anyregion Changer to set your settings back to normal NTSC-U settings, and then install 3.2U.

Adou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Um.. it sounds like you. .. well to be honest you totally confused me and might be confused yourself. You have a US wii yes? 3.2E is a PAL wii and 3.2U is for US or canadian wii.

Also it sounds like you might have missed a step... did you ever run the IOS downgrader? NOT the cios downgrader?

[facepalm]

I was under the impression E meant English, and to be honest about the downgrader, I'm not sure. I'd tell you if I could access the menu. [Edit after your edit on Anyregionchanger]about What do you think I should do now?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Adou said:
EmperorOfCanada said:

[facepalm]

I was under the impression E meant English, and to be honest about the downgrader, I'm not sure. I'd tell you if I could access the menu. What do you think I should do now?

I guess that was an understandable mistake but E is Europe and U is US. When you downgraded you used the CIOS downgrader, right?

Adou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I am extremely lucky to have bought a TV Tuner Card recently.

I hooked the Wii up to that and changed the video format to PAL to watch what Im doing.

Currently installing 3.2U, thank you very much to those that helped.

I hope someone at least learns from this to be very sharp on what letter they chose at prompts.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im glad it worked out for you
smile.gif

If you have any other questions PM me directly and see if I cant walk you through it xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.