wii crashes when booting to HBC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by claudekennilol, Nov 8, 2010.

Nov 8, 2010
  1. claudekennilol
    OP

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, I hadn't used my wii in a few months, I turned it on and there's a HBC channel update. Now, whenever i turn on my Wii, with bootmii, if I try to directly load the HBC, my wii crashes. If I boot to the system menu and then go to the HBC it's fine. I'm on 4.2U. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this or if this is at all common or of I'm alone, and what should I do about it?

2. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Just reinstall hbc 1.08 and bootmii with a clean ios58, you probably have an old bootmii.

3. MarkP80

Newcomer MarkP80 Member

United States
    Right.
    The new HBC has a diferent title id, so your older bootmii probably doesn't recognize it.
    But shouldn't the update have given you the option to install the newer bootmii also?

4. egurgle

Member egurgle GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Your problem is cause u just reinstalled HBC 1.08. Too many ppl forgot to reinstall bootmii too. [​IMG]
    And dont forget to use IOS 58 to get USB 2.0 to HBC.

5. claudekennilol
    OP

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I didn't realize I needed to [​IMG]. I haven't messed with hacking my wii since July/August. So I don't remember much of the steps. Is there anything I need to consider before updating IOS 58? And what benefit does using USB 2.0 with the HBC do? I've only got disc images on my hard drive, which doesn't have anything to do with the HBC. What can I do with my hard drive that can interact with the HBC?

What do I need to do go about updating BootMii?

6. egurgle

Member egurgle GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    first u need install IOS 58,, i recommend MMM to do this. then reinstall HBC + BootMii.
    and if u need a full update ios,, use ModMii