Hacking wii crashes when booting to HBC

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I hadn't used my wii in a few months, I turned it on and there's a HBC channel update. Now, whenever i turn on my Wii, with bootmii, if I try to directly load the HBC, my wii crashes. If I boot to the system menu and then go to the HBC it's fine. I'm on 4.2U. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this or if this is at all common or of I'm alone, and what should I do about it?

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right.
The new HBC has a diferent title id, so your older bootmii probably doesn't recognize it.
But shouldn't the update have given you the option to install the newer bootmii also?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your problem is cause u just reinstalled HBC 1.08. Too many ppl forgot to reinstall bootmii too.
wink.gif

And dont forget to use IOS 58 to get USB 2.0 to HBC.

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarkP80 said:
Right.
The new HBC has a diferent title id, so your older bootmii probably doesn't recognize it.
But shouldn't the update have given you the option to install the newer bootmii also?
I can't be certain 'cause that was maybe a month ago, but I'm pretty sure if it had prompted me to update bootmii, I would've done that, too.

QUOTE(egurgle @ Nov 8 2010, 07:58 PM) Your problem is cause u just reinstalled HBC 1.08. Too many ppl forgot to reinstall bootmii too.
wink.gif

And dont forget to use IOS 58 to get USB 2.0 to HBC.
I didn't realize I needed to
frown.gif
. I haven't messed with hacking my wii since July/August. So I don't remember much of the steps. Is there anything I need to consider before updating IOS 58? And what benefit does using USB 2.0 with the HBC do? I've only got disc images on my hard drive, which doesn't have anything to do with the HBC. What can I do with my hard drive that can interact with the HBC?

What do I need to do go about updating BootMii?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
first u need install IOS 58,, i recommend MMM to do this. then reinstall HBC + BootMii.
and if u need a full update ios,, use ModMii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too