Hacking wii-clip d2ckey

evil goober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed a wii-clip, original games work but backups dont.

When I insert a backup the blue led blinks for a second and then the red light comes on,
but it says cannot read disc.

I assume I'am just using crappy dvds, also what is the 0 and 1 points on a d2ckey for because they were not soldered.

oxidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this is ass backwards of mine mine will not play originals but will play backups if you figure something out let me know maybe this will help me out let me know what u do to fix this

evil goober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still nothing took the clip off and put it back on led blinks wii games work.
Backups, blue led blinks a couple of times red light comes on disc spins for a few seconds, unable to read disc.

I'm using a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D burned the disc at 2x, 4x, and 6x.

I have used

Hp dvd+r
prime dvd+r
rca dvd+r
playo +r
maxell+r
and sony dvd-r

I didn't think it would be the clip or d2ckey because the lights come on but who knows?

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
evil goober said:
Still nothing took the clip off and put it back on led blinks wii games work.
Backups, blue led blinks a couple of times red light comes on disc spins for a few seconds, unable to read disc.

I'm using a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D burned the disc at 2x, 4x, and 6x.

I have used

Hp dvd+r
prime dvd+r
rca dvd+r
playo +r
maxell+r
and sony dvd-r

I didn't think it would be the clip or d2ckey because the lights come on but who knows?

it's not the media

and the region jumpers only need to be used if you plan to use regionfree, so it shouldn't interfere with native backups

try re-seating the clip or pushing down on it while booting just in case it's not making good contact with one of the pins

oxidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i can vouch for the burner and the media i have the pioneer 112d and have used the hp, sony and maxell disc and have not had any proplems with any of these brands although I figured those cheap ass hp's would be a prob but guess not. And I burn at max disc speed as to keep from corrupting data some people say that that screws up disc some say it doesnt but in my personal exp if it says 16x use 16x unless your backing up for 360 then dual layers are to precious to waste so buy the 2.4x so you can get a good smooth steady burn btw stok3d did you get your clip in yet

oxidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ditto that there is no set up disc for d2ckey though there have been rumors of peoplr using the custom wii key disc to config the chip may be bs though

evil goober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no ideal whats wrong took it off put it back on held it down still the same thing.
also the wii clicks a lot.

evil goober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think I'm going to quit took it off many times nothings broke or bent maybe the chip is bad, or something happened to it during shipping.

evil goober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have reset the chip about 30 times and it still does the same thing.
I sent Ozmodchips a email maybe they can help, only thing I know is it wont work.

evil goober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oxidus did you ever get your to work good?

I have reset mine many times, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Sometimes the red light comes on when I put in a original game, when I first put it on it went on real easy.
maybe its not lining up right and I'm not pushing it down hard enough?

Any help anybody?

Thanks.

oxidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope still havent got the bugs worked outta mine happy with backups i guess until me and oz figure something out or i send it for a replacement btw you do have to push down alot harder than you would think to get it to clip in

evil goober

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reset it and tried different dvds and finally Tdk dvd-r worked.

also Thanks Oz for fast shipping and replying to my email.

alanchiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oxidus said:
nope still havent got the bugs worked outta mine happy with backups i guess until me and oz figure something out or i send it for a replacement btw you do have to push down alot harder than you would think to get it to clip in

I did - yeah. I even ended up having to prod in the metal clips a little with a knife to 'tighten it'
Worked though.
Ive obviously had a slightly different experience than you though - with me it either read both backups and originals, or neither, no middleground.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative