Homebrew Wii CD-i Emulator

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that there is a CD-I emulator for MESS, and Toad Kings MAME port is running pretty good. I was wondering if there was anyone out there thinking about mashing up the MAME port and the MESS CD-I driver. If it was a specialized to only run the CD-I driver it would be an actual CD-i emulator on the Wii. Think about it! all those licenced Nintendo games finally being run on a Nintendo console. I might just be dreaming but it sure sounds possible in my head.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What past consoles (besides the PSP, PS2, Xbox) haven't got a emulator for Wii? Handheld/console?

corey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
What past consoles (besides the PSP, PS2, Xbox) haven't got a emulator for Wii? Handheld/console?
X68000 (Castlevania Chronicles, River City Ransom+, Valis, Cho Ren Sa)
WonderSwan (Final Fantasy I, II, IV, Pocket Fighter, Makaimura)
FM-Towns

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CONSOLES
x68000
WonderSwan (Color?)
FM-Towns

HANDHELD
Sega handheld(s), Turbo Grafix portable (forget the name)

& I mean a actual emulator, not something like a Sega Genesis also running Master System (or the portable), fully fleshed out. . . .

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's fine the SMS emulator runs GameGear, there's no problem there. No need to isolate the GameGear in it's own emu. Just more, seperate programs to worry about.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console emulators I would like to see most would be CD-i, Virtual Boy, Sega CD & 32X, 3DO, and Jaguar.
I would also like to see some kind of Triforce Emulation. But the CD-I is the one I would like to see most.

B

Bladeforce

Forget the CD-i what a POS that was, 3DO now that's a system that would be interesting but PLEASE any author of an emu DROP THE CD-i let it rot!

FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
marduk666 said:
So now that there is a CD-I emulator for MESS, and Toad Kings MAME port is running pretty good. I was wondering if there was anyone out there thinking about mashing up the MAME port and the MESS CD-I driver. If it was a specialized to only run the CD-I driver it would be an actual CD-i emulator on the Wii. Think about it! all those licenced Nintendo games finally being run on a Nintendo console. I might just be dreaming but it sure sounds possible in my head.

I think it would be better if someone came around and improved mame. There are many cps2 games that can work on the wii but don't.

The original version of mame runnning on linux could actually play dungeons and dragons, megaman power battle and other cps2 games at pretty decent speeds despite unoptimized on wii linux.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still I wish someone could just port the CD-I driver to Toad Kings MAME. I would do it myself but I know little to nothing about programming.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to play Super Street Fighter Turbo on the 3DO again...it was a near perfect port! Who's knows maybe that is the Wii64 Teams next emulator! Anyone have any idea what it will be?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
CONSOLES
x68000
WonderSwan (Color?)
FM-Towns

HANDHELD
Sega handheld(s), Turbo Grafix portable (forget the name)

& I mean a actual emulator, not something like a Sega Genesis also running Master System (or the portable), fully fleshed out. . . .
The portable Turbo Grafix was called the Turbo Express, and used the actual console games, so there is no difference. Unless you want a digitized picture of the Turbo Express to be displayed on the screen, with the Turbo Grafix games running in a smaller window, there will never be an emulator for the handheld.

As for CDI games, I'd like to laugh my way through the Zelda games, since I never had a chance to play them, but that's about all.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone out there who can tell me if this is even possible. What tools/utilities I would need to get started on this myself?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would enjoy to play Hotel Mario or Wand of Gamelon on the Wii. Would beat trying to rip the graphics from the CD-i and trying to make a PC port or a CD-i emulator for PC.

Come on, full USB support (flash drive AND keyboard) and a quick release date would make a lot of gaming nerds happy. (I'm a gamer, a nerd, a perfectionist, but not a loser)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s