Wii can't find access point for internet

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Harsky, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    A while back, my Wii used to be able to go online with my netgear router but recently with the new firmware update, I was expecting it to light up blue with the message but so far it hasn't. The day before, I changed the settings of my router from WEP to WPA2 but although it works on my laptop and other devices, if I try to get the Wii to find that access point, it comes up with nothing.

I even temporarily disabled the security and the Wii STILL can't find my wiress point to connect. I seriously can't think of why it's doing this and I have a bunch of VC points I could spend but can't because it can't go online.

2. SJ2K9

SJ2K9 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    just a thought but have you checked your settings on your router to make sure you havent accidently turned on mac filtering or turned off ssid broadcasting???

on a side note does the wii even support wpa2??? (too lazy to check right now - bed time for me [​IMG]

3. InfernoZeus

InfernoZeus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2007
    England
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice