Wii Brick:please help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djghostaxel, Jun 11, 2010.

1. djghostaxel
    OP

djghostaxel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Okay so i have a end of 2006 wii it worked for 3 years softmodded
    This Is What Was installed:
    HomeBrew Channel
    CiosCorp
    WaninKoko Cios
    Hermes Cios
    BootMii
    -----------------------------------
    Then i bought a component cable i plugged it in and everything was messed up colors blue was purple the screen was kinda blueish and there was a noise that sounds like when u have a digital audio hooked up to a av receiver and leave it lying on the floor kinda like a buzz i figured faulty wii so i reformatted it then it bricked when i started it up i have a Black Screen so homebrew channel was removed i still hadd bootmii but no purpose as there is no homebrew channel
    Can someone please help me my mom will kill me if she finds out so please help quickly

Thanx
    Josh
    P>S yes i tried with a regular cable 2 and it didnt work so its completely bricked

2. 89turbocs

89turbocs Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2010
    Canada
    so the wii worked with the old cable, then you bought and tried a new cable, which didn't work and you figured the wii was at fault?

3. djghostaxel
    OP

djghostaxel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    no i thought the softmod was at fault and before i didnt have cioscorp and i formatted it it would revirginize it now it bricked -_- so what to do

4. techboy

techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Is bootmii installed as boot2? (If you don't know: Does bootmii run when you turn on the wii?) If so, it can be unbricked.

EDIT: Removed one question. He formatted his wii, so it's irrelevant.

5. cayspekko

cayspekko Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    Did you try the old cable before you tried revirginizing it? It sounds like you had the component cables plugged into the wrong place, ie you had the audio red cable plugged into the video orange spot.

Anyway, it just seems to me that you jumped to extremes after the cable didn't work.

Anyway: I just remoded a wii and it didn't boot up--turns out that Bootmii didn't like the SD card that was plugged into it, after I removed the SD card it worked fine

6. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned

Banned
    Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    way to pull a major boner and reformat lol. I thought nobody did that anymore because of BRICKS............. guess not

7. jelmew

jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Did you make a nand-backup?

If you didn't make one. You'll have to compile cboot and install the sys-menu. I'm afraid your mom will find out before your done with that.

8. techboy

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Won't matter if he did. He formatted his wii.

Formatting changes the NAND key, so even if he has a dump, bootmii will refuse to restore it saying it's from another wii. He could fix that with betwiin and a second dump (from the now-bricked wii), but cboot2 is easier.

9. WitoRIT92

WitoRIT92 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2009
    United States
    Sooooo goodluck.

10. djghostaxel
    OP

djghostaxel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    ok thanx how do i complie cboot2

11. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
  12. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    The NAND key cannot be changed. There are no problems restoring a nand backup after formatting.

13. techboy

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I think you two are referring to comex's formatter. You can restore a bootmii dump after using that.

I was referring to the "Format Wii System Memory" button in the Wii Settings menu...which, the 2 times I tried, rendered the bootmii dump useless.

14. techboy

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I'll test again when I have a wii I can format...which likely won't be for a long time.

15. techboy

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I could do most stupid stuff (actually, all except messing with boot1 and boot2), but it'd be at the expense of my save data and paid channels (have 2 of them, Sonic 2 and Vectorman, from before the 'brew days...).

And, you have an infectus...