Hacking Wii brick help...anyone?

N8ture

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1st gen wii that has an old wiikey in it. I've had no problems until now and had HBC installed. Yesterday I decided to upgrade HBC to 1.0.8, then added bootmii and boot2. It put something on my sd card. I then played a few games and shut it off. Now when I boot up it doesnt send a signal to the tv. The light comes on and the disk drive runs but its just a blue blank video channel screen. Any ideas? I was fine soldering my chip, but never got into NAND and am not sure what it is. Le tme know what you guys think. BTW I think the firmware is 4.1 or 4.2.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm guessing the video mode used by Ceiling Cat is incompatible with your TV. What happens when you press the reset button when it "freezes"?

EDIT: There's a settings file in the bootmii folder on the SD, can't remember what it's called but it's well documented. I'd look at that and change it to what's best for your TV. But for now you could just take the SD card out of the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi