adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puff serial port... i prefer USB port.

I got the Xecuter IR last week and it came with serial programmer. I've had to send for the USB programmer as the serial one is impossible to use. I'd avoid anything that uses a serial programmer like the plague now.

What is difficult about using a serial programmer?
I'm new to this and the wii-boss looks interesting to me. Isn't it simply connecting the programmer to the COM port of the PC and then send the data?

I couldn't manage it. But the IR is meant to be a little buggy using the serial. Not only that I found the only way I could get a M/F cable for it was on ebay. Another disadvantage, going off my new laptop all I've got on it are USB ports. If most new machines are like that you can't use the serial port.

redeath

Trophies
XP
Country
i find with serial ports they are easyer then usb to set up, and "less bugyer" and i can tell you this wii-boss is very easy to use and tested the programmer on 3 pc,s ,the chip its self is simular to soldering a wiikey

d33t

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i find with serial ports they are easyer then usb to set up, and "less bugyer" and i can tell you this wii-boss is very easy to use and tested the programmer on 3 pc,s ,the chip its self is simular to soldering a wiikey
Hopefully it fits better than the WiiKey does
wink.gif

I don't know why people have so many problems with their serial ports. I've never had an issue with any serial device on any OS. Although, I've never tried XP home, so perhaps that's it. Anyway, I think it's cool to see pre-made devices to load all the open source firmware on.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.