Gaming Wii boot1 Data Collection

WiiExpertise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in collecting data on the boot1 version in the Wii. As such, I need the community's help. Here's how you can help. Do note that I do not need data from Wii Mini users.

I am looking for the following info:

Name that can be used to identify you

Wii Model

Wii Color

Original Region

Serial Number

boot1 version

Compatible with BootMii installed as boot2 or not?

This is how to determine this information:

Wii Model can be determined by looking on the side of the Wii that faces down when the Wii is vertical. To the left of the serial number, you will see a model number that is either RVL-001 or RVL-101.

Wii Color can be determined using your eyes.

Original Region can be determined by looking just to the right of the model number that you determined earlier. In parentheses you will see a region.

Serial Number can be determined by looking to the right of the Wii Model number. There will be an area with a serial number. Make sure to include the digit that is enclosed in brackets.

boot1 version can be determined by opening BootMii (IOS or boot2, either will work), going to the gear option on the far right, opening that menu, and choosing the third icon that has an i on it. In the information that appears, you will see the boot1 version. Make sure you get the boot1 version and not the boot2 version.

Compatibility with BootMii installed as boot2 can be determined by opening the HackMii Installer and on the first screen after the Scam Warning, if the Wii is compatible, BootMii will say "Can be installed" next to it. If it is not compatible, BootMii will say "Can only be installed as an IOS" next to it.

Once you have the required information, please fill out this Google Form:

https://forms.gle/mkTL5iyKZazLAGQm8

I'd love to get as much information as possible.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what he said
+1

Now this:

"Name that can be used to identify you"

Looks fishy, to say the least. You're looking for information about boot1, or about users?

Most information required would allow someone to ID us easily while playing online using our Wii. That and the IP Address from our IP Provider... well, you know what's next. Be careful.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

WiiExpertise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name to identify you is nothing suspicious. It can be a fake name, display name, whatever. I don't care what it is. It's just to be able to separate the results.

If you're not comfortable sharing your whole serial number (which at this point, can't do very much anyway), fine. Don't share all of it. I only really need the first few characters, it's just nice to be able to see the whole thing for filtering purposes.

All this is for is to be able to accomplish something similar to wiidrives.com.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm interested in collecting data on the boot1 version in the Wii. As such, I need the community's help. Here's how you can help. Do note that I do not need data from Wii Mini users.

I am looking for the following info:

Name that can be used to identify you

Wii Model

Wii Color

Original Region

Serial Number

boot1 version

Compatible with BootMii installed as boot2 or not?

This is how to determine this information:

Wii Model can be determined by looking on the side of the Wii that faces down when the Wii is vertical. To the left of the serial number, you will see a model number that is either RVL-001 or RVL-101.

Wii Color can be determined using your eyes.

Original Region can be determined by looking just to the right of the model number that you determined earlier. In parentheses you will see a region.

Serial Number can be determined by looking to the right of the Wii Model number. There will be an area with a serial number. Make sure to include the digit that is enclosed in brackets.

boot1 version can be determined by opening BootMii (IOS or boot2, either will work), going to the gear option on the far right, opening that menu, and choosing the third icon that has an i on it. In the information that appears, you will see the boot1 version. Make sure you get the boot1 version and not the boot2 version.

Compatibility with BootMii installed as boot2 can be determined by opening the HackMii Installer and on the first screen after the Scam Warning, if the Wii is compatible, BootMii will say "Can be installed" next to it. If it is not compatible, BootMii will say "Can only be installed as an IOS" next to it.

Once you have the required information, please fill out this Google Form:

https://forms.gle/mkTL5iyKZazLAGQm8

I'd love to get as much information as possible.

Nice try Nintendo employee.
Im not gonna write any my softmoded black Wii information.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The name to identify you is nothing suspicious. It can be a fake name, display name, whatever. I don't care what it is. It's just to be able to separate the results.

If you're not comfortable sharing your whole serial number (which at this point, can't do very much anyway), fine. Don't share all of it. I only really need the first few characters, it's just nice to be able to see the whole thing for filtering purposes.

All this is for is to be able to accomplish something similar to wiidrives.com.

All the information requested is very sensitive in the sense of ID disclosure/protection, maybe not for you, but for many others out there, sure it is.

If you just want random data, why not just generate it yourself? (No offense meant).

WiiExpertise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the information requested is very sensitive in the sense of ID disclosure/protection, maybe not for you, but for many others out there, sure it is.

If you just want random data, why not just generate it yourself? (No offense meant).

Like I said, if it's sensitive to you or anyone else, I don't need all of the info, it just creates better results the more I have. The serial number seems like the only concerning one to me.

I don't want random data, that doesn't help what I'm trying to accomplish of figuring out the frequencies of the various boot1 revisions released over the Wii's lifetime. To do that I need data of actual Wiis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y