Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
I have bricked my wii few weeks ago xD Its a Banner Brick. Now I red this Tutorial. But my Problem is that my wii dont boot the Nintendo Backup Disc. So i tried the Universal Unbrick Disc. But it dont boot too. I have a Wii on firmware 4.0E with a Drivekey or a Flatmod. I tried the drivekey and it dont boot so i bought a flatmod to check the chip. But i dont boot with flatmod too. I use Verbatim discs with IMGBurn.
When i insert the Disc in the Rescue menu the disc spinns some seconds, the led of the chip lit 3-4 times and then the disc stop to spin. What can i do? I dont have bootmii or preloader

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The latest version/updates for some modchips disables the autoboot feature.

Possible this "feature" is your problem!?

Also it can be a problem if you try the NTSC Backup disc and a lot of autoboot disc's in the www are not a real Autoboot disc.
Beforce you burn it open the ISO with an hexeditor and replace the first byte with $30 should help.

Edit:
Btw, i try'd the Wii Backup Disc at a bricked PAL Wii with recovery menu and now it's a full brick that didn't start anything from recovery menu.
I know the postings from some German ppl and that they say it work, but if another disc(Wadmanager, ...) work you better try it first if u use a PAL Wii.
(For me it was no problem, because no other disc work, no update from 3.2 to 3.4 with a game dvd)

yoshi2509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
Sorry that i reply late. I dont understand where i should add the $30 in a hex editor. I made a screenshot for an example. Maybe you can tell me where i should make the $30 that my wii can boot this disc.
url]

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
if its a official 4.0 firmware update none of the current autoboot homebrew disc will work on your Wii cause of the trucha bug being patched up, and sense 4.0 updates the IOS16 the Nintendo Pink disc won't be able to work either, But you will be able to Autoboot Legit Wii Games that are not trucha Signed, The Best program to use to autoboot a Wii Game is Bootme which you can get here.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

And later when the new brawl Hack comes out, you should be able to use that, to autoboot brawl and get rid of the Wad that brick your Wii, But that exploit hasn't been released yet.

yoshi2509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thx for answers. Autoboot work with original wii games (atm i play twilight princess
biggrin.gif
) But the biggest problem is that i cant start copied discs. The Discs spins about few seconds and stop. One disc run. The Config disk of flatmod.

Brawl hack:
I know that the Brawl hack will help with my Problem but i think the brawl hack will be released when Nintendo fix the Bannerbomb. So i must wait a long time ^^

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BlackAce83 said:
Slowking said:
Do you have a cIOS installed? If not you are out of luck.
true but even if a cios was installed he'd still need the trucha bug in the system menu ios wouldn't he
Afaik the system menu doesn't check autoboot discs. It's something that happens even before the menu is loaded. So a cIOS and a homebrew disc that runs on it should suffice.

azeazezar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Slowking said:
BlackAce83 said:
Slowking said:
Do you have a cIOS installed? If not you are out of luck.
true but even if a cios was installed he'd still need the trucha bug in the system menu ios wouldn't he
Afaik the system menu doesn't check autoboot discs. It's something that happens even before the menu is loaded. So a cIOS and a homebrew disc that runs on it should suffice.
Ignore above post: The system menu DOES check for autoboot disk. It does this before loading channels, so a truncha system menu ios is needed.

yoshi2509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my ios isnt patched. is there a possibility to do this with a bannerbrick. maybe to start a disk with autoboot? by the way. When i modify a game (for exampel zelda with changing the boot.dol) can the system autoboot this disc or wouldnt it run because of trucha?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
setting a game to autoboot using bootme doesn't trucha sign it, but any other change to the iso will trucha sign it, so like i said above you can set legit wii games to autoboot using bootme and play them for the time being, And once the brawl hack gets released you should then be able to unbrick your wii, far as i know thats the only options you have as of right now

yin666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a banner bricked 4.1u wii, when I first installed the homebrew and cIOS I already had the 4.0u system menu, after that I downloaded lots of IOS with patchmii, then my sister updated via nintendo to 4.1u, does this means that I have the same problem and have to wait to brawl exploit? Is there a chance that, if I get a drivekey, any of the boot disc will load? Thanks.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yin666 said:
I have a banner bricked 4.1u wii, when I first installed the homebrew and cIOS I already had the 4.0u system menu, after that I downloaded lots of IOS with patchmii, then my sister updated via nintendo to 4.1u, does this means that I have the same problem and have to wait to brawl exploit? Is there a chance that, if I get a drivekey, any of the boot disc will load? Thanks.

Well you got a cIOS on it, but she have patched all IOSes unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F