Hacking Wii backup manager

Iri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do we have to use the wii backup manager? What happens if i just dowloand my wbfs files and put on the wbfs folder in the usb drive?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do we have to use the wii backup manager? What happens if i just dowloand my wbfs files and put on the wbfs folder in the usb drive?
Because it properly sets everything up for the user and does hash checking to verify image is good and if a game is 4GB+ it will properly split it for the user

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Because it properly sets everything up for the user and does hash checking to verify image is good and if a game is 4GB+ it will properly split it for the user

Congratulations.:yay:
100 Percent useful Answer.

Hello.:)

@Shadow#1 gives you the granted Reasons to use it.
If you do have Doubts about the Experiences from thousands of other Wii Users,you can feel free and transfer it as you like.

It is your Wii,your Choice,you can do it as you like and try it.
But I give you a good Advise for your own "Health":
Please do not ask @Cyan then for Help on your "USBLoader GX Black Screen" Issue....:evil:

Good Luck and
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can do it manually, if you know what you are doing, and know the gameID.
or else, you'll have to "look on another website" to get the proper gameID for the game you copy using your computer.

doing it manually, you risk to:
not naming the file correctly, use a wrong GameID
not putting the file in the correct folder
not having a split 4GB+ file (how would you split it on FAT32?)
not having a wbfs (what if you have .iso file ? you'll just waste your HDD free space if you don't convert to split wbfs format)
having write protected attribute on FAT32 enabled without knowing it

All which will result in either black screen at launch, or the console reboot to menu.

And like said Shadow, WBM can also verify your ISO or wbfs file is good, proper dump.

Apps are used to automate all the steps properly, that's all.
you are free to :
- use any tools (there are other than WiiBackupManager, especially if you are not on windows, such as Wiijmanager, or WiiBaFu, or Wit/WWT)
- don't use tools at all

put on the wbfs folder in the usb drive?
Oh, and I hope by "usb drive" you mean an external USB HardDiskDrive, and not a usb flash drive.
ONLY USE HDD !!!! or else, don't come asking why it's not working!
apparently you prefer doing things YOUR way, instead of following direction, but then don't complain :)
all users with problem asking for help here are doing things their ways, and don't like our answers.

Last edited by Cyan,

Iri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you can do it manually, if you know what you are doing, and know the gameID.
or else, you'll have to "look on another website" to get the proper gameID for the game you copy using your computer.

doing it manually, you risk to:
not naming the file correctly, use a wrong GameID
not putting the file in the correct folder
not having a split 4GB+ file (how would you split it on FAT32?)
not having a wbfs (what if you have .iso file ? you'll just waste your HDD free space if you don't convert to split wbfs format)
having write protected attribute on FAT32 enabled without knowing it

All which will result in either black screen at launch, or the console reboot to menu.

And like said Shadow, WBM can also verify your ISO or wbfs file is good, proper dump.

Apps are used to automate all the steps properly, that's all.
you are free to :
- use any tools (there are other than WiiBackupManager, especially if you are not on windows, such as Wiijmanager, or WiiBaFu, or Wit/WWT)
- don't use tools at all

Oh, and I hope by "usb drive" you mean an external USB HardDiskDrive, and not a usb flash drive.
ONLY USE HDD !!!! or else, don't come asking why it's not working!
apparently you prefer doing things YOUR way, instead of following direction, but then don't complain :)
all users with problem asking for help here are doing things their ways, and don't like our answers.
No, im just asking. There is 7 games on the usb drive, 2 of them did the blank screen thing, 5 of them worked just fine, but yeah i will use wii backup manager again and for now on thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you still have black screen with some games (and you are sure it's not bad dump/name/folder/attribute), try editing the loader's settings to change the IOS slot.
usually, guides let you install 2 different cIOS with different "IOS base".

in slot249 and slot250, you should have two different "base" : 56 and 57.
some games work with 56, some with 57.

go to loader settings > select the non working game > go to game settings (it will affect only that game, not others) > IOS slot : try the other slot number, either 249 or 250.

Last edited by Cyan,

Iri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you still have black screen with some games (and you are sure it's not bad dump/name/folder/attribute), try editing the loader's settings to change the IOS slot.
usually, guides let you install 2 different cIOS with different "IOS base".

in slot249 and slot250, you should have two different "base" : 56 and 57.
some games work with 56, some with 57.

go to loader settings > select the non working game > go to game settings (it will affect only that game, not others) > IOS slot : try the other slot number, either 249 or 250.
I did that but it didnt work, i said two games had this problem right, and they are super mario wii and super mario galaxy, galaxy i deleted. And new mario bros wii still here but same thing just doesnt work, but instead of going to a blank screen like galaxy new mario crashes when the console say to put the wii remote horizontally and the four lights of the control keep flashing nonstop till i hard reset

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe the game is not good?
you can use Wii Backup Manager to verify if a game is proper or bad.

in the "drive1" tab, select the partition letter of the HDD where you have your games.
Do NOT select the games in the "file" tab.

WBM will detect all your installed games.
check the checkbox in front of the game you want to test, and search the "sha1" option.
at the end, look at the log. if they are green the games are good. red they are bad.

if they are green but still not working, I'm not sure what's wrong sorry.
but at least you'll know that the games are not the problem, and you can continue to look at other possibilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday!