Hacking Wii Backup Manager won't convert game.

imadovicjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, first of all, I am a complete noob at modding and I started some days ago and I got far enough that I just need to import games and play them but that is where my problem starts. I have a problem with converting my file to wbfs, because with the WII Backup Manager it completes 100%, but the loading bar will remain there and I will see the Game ID and the original game title written in RED text (RSBE01 Super Smash Bros. Brawl). Is anybody familiar with this error and can somebody maybe help me, because I already tried a new ISO, formatting it, making the usb NTFS but nothing worked out for me, I could not find any clear explanations which I could follow online, so please, if you are trying to help me, explain it so my dumbass can understand it. The game I am trying to convert is Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the WII. Thanks in advance

Untitled.png

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well, first of all, I am a complete noob at modding and I started some days ago and I got far enough that I just need to import games and play them but that is where my problem starts. I have a problem with converting my file to wbfs, because with the WII Backup Manager it completes 100%, but the loading bar will remain there and I will see the Game ID and the original game title written in RED text (RSBE01 Super Smash Bros. Brawl). Is anybody familiar with this error and can somebody maybe help me, because I already tried a new ISO, formatting it, making the usb NTFS but nothing worked out for me, I could not find any clear explanations which I could follow online, so please, if you are trying to help me, explain it so my dumbass can understand it. The game I am trying to convert is Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the WII. Thanks in advance

View attachment 178365

Hello.:)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a "big" game over the usual 4.4 GB DVD size.

Assuming your "source material" (your ISO or WBFS File) is ok,please check your USB Device that you use for your Wii how it is formatted.

If it is formatted with FAT32 you have to "split" the Game in smaller parts.
That is doing by the WiiBackupManager for you but you have to set it maybe:
SETTINGS - FAT32/NTFS - WBFS Split style
Please set it to 4 GB.

If that is not the Solution for you then maybe your ISO is not ok.:)

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

imadovicjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.:)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a "big" game over the usual 4.4 GB DVD size.

Assuming your "source material" (your ISO or WBFS File) is ok,please check your USB Device that you use for your Wii how it is formatted.

If it is formatted with FAT32 you have to "split" the Game in smaller parts.
That is doing by the WiiBackupManager for you but you have to set it maybe:
SETTINGS - FAT32/NTFS - WBFS Split style
Please set it to 4 GB.

If that is not the Solution for you then maybe your ISO is not ok.:)

Hi, thanks for your reaction, I already had that, but then my game wouldn't launch and it would crash immediately, I do indeed have a FAT32 formatted USB Device. Any other tips?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, thanks for your reaction, I already had that, but then my game wouldn't launch and it would crash immediately, I do indeed have a FAT32 formatted USB Device. Any other tips?

Can you please tell us your Wii´s System Menu Version ?
If you lower than 4.3 then you maybe have to update your IOS58 too.:unsure:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl needs the latest Version of it.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have 4.3E to be exact, is there any way I might contact you via a forum chat? Thanks in advance

I am only on GBAtemp,sorry.
(hidden advertising...:P)

I still "suspect" that the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Game File is the issue.There are MANY files around they did not work correct in WiiBackupManager/USBLoaderGX.
Most of the Rips are bad.:(

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I recommend installing ios 236 and running games in it...works for me.
Idk about the error tho :wink:.

simply installing ios236 wont affect game loading. Running games with it? then all games that require a stock ios greater than ios36 won't work - Super Smash Bros. Brawl does use ios36 though but more recent games don't, like Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword, Last story...

IIRC, Super Smash Bros. Brawl has many demo partitions and is the only known game that WiiBackupmanger can't handle to convert to wbfs, use Wiimm tools instead. But at least you can use WiiBackupmanger to check its sha-1 hash.
You don't need to convert the iso to wbfs if you are using NTFS partition and if that still doesn't work then your its something wrong with your iso or softmod setup

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: agreed