Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
fig2k4 said:
@OncleJulien
There are a few little math errors in the progress updates. They aren't important, so I should disable the integer overflow checking again so they don't interfere with the transfers. What were you using when it happened? eg. WBFS->ISO or ISO->FAT32 etc.

Since I hope to change the transfer progress to use a queue system, those progress function won't be used for much longer. Tracking down the bugs would be a bit of a waste of time.

@kamiro04
Yeah, it's on the todo list. Already half done, but needs to be finished.

@misterqqqface
I'd recommend you use Wiimm's tools to check and repair the drive. Hopefully Wiimm can post a command line that could help there.
smile.gif

You could try converting a game to ISO, then load it on the files list to see if it's valid. If the games are valid that way, there must be a bug somewhere.

I was messing around with a WBFS drive recently and transfers were OK with any sector sizes etc. It's hard to tell whether it's a bug in WBM, another app that deleted games incorrectly or just the WBFS file system being messed up. If you can give some more info on what you used to create the drive etc. it would help us to help you.

@sideskroll
I'm not sure what you've got installed or version of CFG etc. so I'll just tell you what I'm using so you can try it.
smile.gif

I use Hermes cIOS v5, installed as 222 using the installer's default settings. Any version of CFG using 222 as default should work. eg. cfg63-222.dol. Just replace your boot.dol with that one, or you could try the online update in CFG to get it.
Hi Fig, tx for replying. I've got whatever modmii gives me to install and CFG version 62. I haven't tried v 63-222 but asume it would work only if I run it from SD right? Cause the wii can't recognize apps stored in the usb (which is where I'm trying to run the loader from)
These are all the cios, mios and ios I have installed:
* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS250[57]-v20
* cIOS249[56]-v20
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3
* Shopping-Channel-NUS-v20
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS
* IOS9-64-v1034
* IOS12-64-v526
* IOS13-64-v1032
* IOS14-64-v1032
* IOS15-64-v1032
* IOS17-64-v1032
* IOS21-64-v1039
* IOS22-64-v1294
* IOS28-64-v1807
* IOS31-64-v3608
* IOS33-64-v3608
* IOS34-64-v3608
* IOS35-64-v3608
* IOS36-64-v3608
* IOS37-64-v5663
* IOS38-64-v4124
* IOS41-64-v3607
* IOS43-64-v3607
* IOS45-64-v3607
* IOS46-64-v3607
* IOS48-64-v4124
* IOS53-64-v5663
* IOS55-64-v5663
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS57-64-v5919
* IOS58-64-v6176
* IOS61-64-v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v3-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
SD:/apps/WiiFlow/boot.dol
USB:/apps/WiiFlow/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Note: IOS58 is required and it can launch files off an SD Card, a FAT32 Hard Drive
and/or an NTFS Hard Drive. It also supports meta.xml arguments and is able to
launch apps with direct hardware access.
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

pakrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
douzebla said:
Hi fig2k4,

just a word to thank you for this awesome app !!
After days of trials and search on the net, I finaly discovered why some games were not working on my drive in only ... 5 sec !! (wbm told me that the files were simply corrupted !!! and suggested to erase them)

I recently discovered that the wbfs format has a 500 files limit. After a few search, I've learned that wiiflow has now the ability to read fat32 and ntfs drives and, guess what, wbm can also handle those fats !!! whaou ! So I decided to convert my wbfs drive into a fat32 drive but ...

It seems that I've discovered a small bug here, when I copy games from a wbfs drive to a fat32 formated drive (or a ntfs drive), all is OK (I mean all the games are on the destination drive) but when WBM tries to read the files on the fat32 disk (and build his list), it stop at the 390th game
- the destination drive is a 2To WD20EARS
- I tried to format the disk in FAT32 with fat32 formater -> same result
- I tried to format the disk in NTFS with WBM -> same result
- I looked in the log, no errors, the last message is "UpdateStorageConventionThread | Thread terminated" -> no specific error
- I tried the windows harddrive diagnostic tool -> no error
- I tried to put more games from a folder source (games which are and are not on the destination drive) and the process works perfectly, wbm detects the dupe games and makes his job normally
-- the final list now stops at the 425th game !!
-- interesting detail, this game where it stops is the same, it's "sing it star : r&b"

Could it be a problem with the "&" in the name of the game ?

not likely WIIDB lists title as SRBP4Q - SingItStar: R&B.. maybe a bad d/l for the game?

ambiguousphoton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
Many thanks for a great program. I know this is a noob question but I can't find an answer in the tutorial or google searching. How exactly do I use this program to download covers? I see in the change log that you have been working on it, but I can't find the button or option that lets me do it.
Thanks!

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ambiguousphoton said:
Hi there,
Many thanks for a great program. I know this is a noob question but I can't find an answer in the tutorial or google searching. How exactly do I use this program to download covers? I see in the change log that you have been working on it, but I can't find the button or option that lets me do it.
Thanks!

that will be available in the next release

fetterpapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

I've got a problem with the titles of my wbfs-games. I re-formated my portable drive from wbfs to ntfs and than copied my games back (using the Wii Backup Manager Version 0.3.6 build 48). Everything worked well, but the "Original title"s changed too. Now there are titles with broken encoding (german umlauts). Is there a way to get back the original "Original title"s?

My config:
I selected the wiitdb and downloaded the german titles.
Use WiiTDB titles for file and folder names = [X]
Auto rename drive transfers = [X]
Auto rename WBFS file transfers = [X]
Allow permanent changes to Wii disc header = [_]
Allow changes to WBFS disc header = [_]

Thought the "Original title" is saved in the "disc header" and my config would only change the name of the *.wbfs-file...

Anyone can help?

BTW: Great tool anyway.
smile.gif

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i found that if you Allow permanent changes to Wii disc header and
Allow changes to WBFS disc header wii manager can't read these files no more. that a big no no to change the header files. wonder will this is add in. custom made disc?

fetterpapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't select the checkboxes for header-change, so I guess the WBM shouldn't change them.
I opend the partition in Wii Backup Fusion and there are "Original title" and "Game title" correctly displayed. But if I open it on another computer with Wii Backup Manager the broken titles remain... Oo
Didn't have had the time to test if the games work in cfg or gx, yet.

xsteven77x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read disc failed Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

That happens anytime i try to add Epic Mickey, Toy Story 3, Monster Hunter 3, and a number of others. Sometimes simply moving the iso to another location will make it work but now that is not even working anymore. I am trying to put them on a usb drive formatted for wbfs. I am using the latest build 48 also. Please someone help!

And i have tried to google and read through some of this MONSTROUS topic. I cannot find a straight answer or any other things to try. Please help and dont flame me i would really appreciate it.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick question: why are some games listed with a black color font and some with blue color?

xsteven77x, I get that with SSBB in .wbfs (I ripped the game using CFG USB Loader). Last time I played it, it ran fine, no problems at all, although, if I try to add it in WBM (to convert to .ISO), I get the same error.

fig, do you want me (or us) to send you a log file? (Not sure if it's been reported already and you're working on it.)

fetterpapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick answer: Games in blue color are displayed with title changed by wiitdb or custom-titles.txt. The "Original title" is different from it.

Update to my title-problem: The broken german titles have no influence. Games are playable in cfg and gx. It's strange anyway...

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
found another error - with multi-rar files - if one of the rar file is name wrong the program will hang - need a check rar in program before it can unpack the multi-rar (eg rar,r000, r001) .tested on survivor-dumptruck thanx
running lastest beta version 0.37 build 54. will keep testing and posting

xsteven77x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it's getting to the point when i load my files onto my usb drive, whether it's ntfs/fat32/wbfs, the NEXT time i go to add them to a drive they are all broke. It's comes up with red letters, will not transfer, and are totally f-ed up and i'm not real happy about it. There is absolutely nothing in the settings about headers so not sure where to look for that.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Big deep breath, here goes..
smile.gif

@misterqqqface
You can use WBM to format to WBFS. See Tools->Format drives. It would be nice to figure out what the problem is, but if you want to try formatting..

@douzebla
-- interesting detail, this game where it stops is the same, it's "sing it star : r&b"
I think the colon would be the cause, if it was anything to do with the name. When I mount the drive though, it's only a simple file listing. I'm don't think the name would cause any problems. I recently had a report where an invalid WBFS file still caused the thread to quit early, so I think this is the same problem. I'll look into it.

@sideskroll
I'll need to test formatting to FAT32 and stick a few games on. I'm sure it's working OK though, so I haven't really got any more ideas. Did you try cfg*-222.dol?

@fetterpapa
I'll need to look at that code again. There were problems with UTF-8 encoding when the app became fully unicode enabled. I fixed it in build 42 build I must've broke something. BTW, Wii disc titles shouldn't really contain german umlauts. That's one of the reasons for using titles.txt, because disc titles in the header should be ANSI only.

Did you change the titles in Wii Backup Fusion by any chance? I did leave UTF-8 encoding enabled for the titles, so those characters should work but if another app wrote the titles without encoding, or used a different encoding, then they won't display correctly in WBM.

@xsteven77x
CRC errors generally only happen on hard drives when there's bad sectors. To me, it sounds like your drive is on it's last legs. The fact that it's rapidly getting worse means it's not going to last much longer.

I experienced this recently with my daughter's netbook drive. I thought I'd try to use a portion of it for testing, but I plugged it in the other day and it's totally dead now.

Find some software to check for bad sectors and check the SMART info to confirm it, but I can't see any other reason for it. Unless it's a bad USB cable, but it's not as likely as the failing drive theory.

@ratt1972
The 7Zip DLL handles the multi-volume RARs automatically, but I'll add a check to make sure none of the files are missing. redia already told me about this, I just didn't get round to fixing it..

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
header are under the "setting-titles" when you tick use WIIdb titles.txt and use custom-tittles - renaming can be used
warning don't allow perment changes to wii header on or changes to wbfs header- as i found with these on i get the same broke files. once this is done i have'nt found anyway to loaf them back into backup loader. if the loader could read these back then it would change them back i hope. as i had the iso on the drive somewhere else i was a lucky one .

that drive thing - could be usb 1.1 and could be over buffing to much and cause errors when writing to drive

yes i know above 7zip ,but its when i get a war that has been named wrong and files don't match ,Back-up manger just hangs .other program that i used to un-rar comes up "can't find file name " and ask me to find it for them. it's not your fault but the person who rar the iso.

Boo_hoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be nice to have a refresh button in the "Files" tab so that if you put a new game in a "watch folder" it will show up. Instead of having to close and open the program again.

Thanks.

Love the Program.

misterqqqface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turned out I had a drive with that was corrupted. I tried another USB drive and everything transferred fine! Thanks for your help!

Only problem now is that my drive is rather small... It would be cool if they could get a usb loader to read off of both of the Wii's USB drives
tongue.gif

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
(Another) quick question: I keep a .7z archive for most of my games (except those which aren't worth compressing). The problem is: some games are reported broken (red color font and they won't show up in the list), but if I manually unzip them, WBM finds no problem with them. Currently, I set 4MB in "Size to extract when listing" option, but I have gone up to 64MB but that doesn't change a thing (except for longer period of time adding games to the list). Some games are new, some are old (like FF - Echoes of Time). It's not random and the archives do not have a password nor any errors. Any idea what's going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."? +1